The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recognized Cushman & Wakefield with the SocialStar Award for ENERGY STAR Promotion and Innovation on Social Media.
To recognize the growing role social media plays in communicating about energy efficiency and increasing awareness of ENERGY STAR programs and products, ENERGY STAR hosted the second annual SocialStar award—a call issued to 149 ENERGY STAR partners to share their creativity on social media to promote their ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award. SocialStar Week took place the week leading up to the 2016 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Awards.
Cushman & Wakefield was recognized for its social media accomplishments in Washington, DC, on April 13, 2016. Cushman & Wakefield’s social media activities during SocialStar Week included:
• Created a laugh-out-loud video about saving energy in the office
• Shared an educational blog post about their ENERGY STAR Heroes—three buildings with rock star energy savings!
• Created a co-branded graphic to announce their award
• Coordinated with regional social media accounts to cross-promote
• Shared energy-saving graphics and resources
“Cushman & Wakefield is honored to receive this award highlighting how we use social media to build our brand and reputation in the market as a company that is committed to energy efficiency,” said Joe Stettinius, Cushman & Wakefield’s CEO Americas. “Our partnership with ENERGY STAR has given us the opportunity to engage with our clients, working with them to save energy and improve efficiencies, while making a positive impact on the environment.”
Since its inception in 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners have helped families and businesses save $430 billion on utility bills, while reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 2.7 billion metric tons.
“Cushman & Wakefield led the way on social media during SocialStar Week and demonstrated the importance of engaging with individuals online about saving energy and protecting the environment,” said ENERGY STAR Brand Manager Kristinn Leonhart.
Honorable mention for the 2016 SocialStar Award goes to:
• Andersen Corporation (Bayport, MN)
• Burton Energy Group (Alpharetta, GA)
• Consumers Energy (Jackson, MI)
• Delmarva Power & Light Company and Potomac Electric Power Company (Washington, DC)
• Panasonic Eco Solutions North America (Newark, NJ)
• The Lighting and Products Sponsors of Mass Save (Boston, MA)
ENERGY STAR has 16,000 partners working to protect the environment through greater energy efficiency, including manufacturers, retailers, public schools, hospitals, real estate companies, and home builders. For a complete list of 2016 winners and more information about ENERGY STAR’s awards program, visit www.energystar.gov/awardwinners.