Mr. Corcoran has taught real estate appraisal and investment analysis courses at: New York University, Queens College of the City University of New York and Long Island University at C.W. Post and lectured at Yale, Columbia and New York Universities. Additionally, he has served as instructor for numerous courses offered by the Appraisal Institute.
Marist College, Poughkeepsie, New York, Graduated 1970
Degree: Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Cum Laude
As of the current date, Brian R. Corcoran, MAI, has completed the requirements under the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
Memberships, Licenses and Professional Affiliations
• State of New York Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, License #46000004443
• Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI)
President, Metropolitan New York Chapter No. 4, 1996
President, Long Island Chapter 201, 1985-86
Member, Board of Directors, Metropolitan New York Chapter 1984 - 2009
• Member, The Counselors of Real Estate CRE
Chairman 2007– 2008 and Member, Board of Directors New York Chapter,
• Fellow, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – FRICS
• Professional Member, National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries NCREIF
Member, Valuation Committee
• Member, Pension Real Estate Association - PREA
• Associate Member, Urban Land Institute - ULI
• Member, Real Estate Board of New York, Inc. - REBNY
Member, Appraisal Committee
• Member, American Arbitration Association, Valuation Panel
• Licensed Real Estate Broker, State of New York
• Recipient of the 1991 Robert T. Lawrence Memorial Award presented by the Sales Brokers Committee of REBNY in the Most Ingenious Deal of the Year contest, which award is deemed worthy of recognition for demonstrating exceptional skill in the practice of real estate brokerage. As consultant to the Ritz Tower Hotel Corporation located on Park Avenue and 57th Street in New York City, he created a two unit condominium consisting of a residential apartment cooperative and a 40,000 square foot commercial unit located on the ground, basement, 2nd and 3rd floors, which commercial unit was sold to one of the existing commercial tenants, Mitsukoshi, USA after certain lease buyouts and restructuring of the long term ground lease.
• Received Cushman & Wakefield's 1990 Deal of the Year for the sale of Touro College on West 44th Street in New York City to the University of Pennsylvania for the future home of the Penn Club.
• Received the 2000 Person of the Year Award from the Metropolitan New York Chapter of the Appraisal Institute for years of outstanding service in the advancement of the Metropolitan New York Chapter and the appraisal profession.
• Received the 2002 Louise Lee and Y.T. Lum Award from the Appraisal Institute. The Lum Award was established in 1963 “to give recognition of and in great appreciation for the furtherance of the high ideals of the profession of real estate appraising and practices.”
• Recipient in 2004 of Cushman & Wakefield’s Charles E. Griffin Most Valuable Player Award “exhibiting an unequalled combination of human qualities – professionalism, warmth, loyalty, knowledge, objectivity and sound business judgement.”
• In 2009 received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Metropolitan New York Chapter of the Appraisal Institute for “excellence in Real Estate Appraisal, Consulting, and in appreciation of 30 years of outstanding service and dedication to the Metropolitan New York Chapter.”