As Chairman of Global Brokerage at Cushman & Wakefield, Inc., Bruce Mosler advises major tenants and investors on strategic real estate matters, managing key client relationships on behalf of the firm, globally. Widely respected as one of the commercial real estate industry’s most influential and talented professionals, Mr. Mosler, a licensed real estate broker, has leased millions of square feet worth several billion dollars throughout his career. Called “cutting-edge” and “one of the most energetic and successful” executives in the industry, Mr. Mosler has been a formative leader at Cushman & Wakefield for over 20 years, while executing deals that have shaped the fabric of New York City.
Mr. Mosler served as President and CEO of Cushman & Wakefield from 2005-2010, leading the firm from $800 million in sales to $2.1 billion, and diversifying the company’s revenue stream by 30 percent through expansion of the business in Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Prior to this, Mr. Mosler was President of U.S. Operations, and implemented a number of initiatives for the firm including creating national leadership roles in Industrial, Retail and Multifamily, and creating the Cushman & Wakefield Alliance, a first-of-its-kind affiliate network of top independent real estate companies operating as a unified team with Cushman & Wakefield. Before the start of his illustrious tenure at Cushman & Wakefield, Mr. Mosler, served as President of the Eastern Region at Galbreath Riverbank.
Mr. Mosler has enjoyed prolific, long-term relationships with a number of public and private companies and not-for-profit organizations over the years, overseeing real estate strategies for projects large and small. His ongoing accounts include Brookfield Properties, RXR Realty, Vornado, JPMorgan Chase, NYU University Hospital (The Langone Center), Citigroup, the Brooklyn NETS and MetLife, among others. Mr. Mosler has spearheaded some of the city’s largest and most notable deals. Since 2015, he has led a team representing Brookfield Property Partners in leasing more than 1.7 million square feet at state-of-the-art Manhattan West, closing deals with tenants including Amazon, JPMorgan Chase and The National Hockey League, with more underway. Mr. Mosler also represented MetLife in consolidating its regional offices at 200 Park Avenue, a building that carries its name, in one of the largest transactions of the year. And in 2013, he led a team that represented the ownership of 75 Rockefeller Center, one of the most iconic properties in the world, in a 99-year, triple-net lease to RXR Realty.
Mr. Mosler is the recipient of myriad industry honors, including the Real Estate Board of New York’s (REBNY) Deal of the Year Award for ingenious brokerage. He won the award twice; in 1998, for the creation of the Reuters Building at 3 Times Square, and in 1999, for his success in bringing European retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) to its United States flagship location on Fifth Avenue. In 2008 and 2009, Mr. Mosler was chosen by his peers as Commercial Property News’ “Brokerage Executive of the Year” and was named the publication’s national “Property Services Executive of the Year.” Well-known for his commitment to a number of civic causes, Mr. Mosler been recognized with several philanthropic industry awards including REBNY’s Kenneth R. Gerrety Humanitarian Award and Louis Smadbeck Brokerage Recognition Award, the US Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation’s Commandant’s Leadership Award and the Leadership in Support of the Military Award by the New York Council Navy League of the United States in 2017. He also received an Honorary Doctoral Degree by the Rabbinical College of America in 2018.
Mr. Mosler sits on numerous non-profit boards and most notably has directed much of his attention toward veteran and military issues. Mr. Mosler serves as co-chairman of the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, chairman of the Shafik Gabr Foundation and Chairman of the Cushman & Wakefield’s Veterans Initiative. Mr. Mosler also serves on the Board of Governors of the Real Estate Board of New York and is a member of the boards of the Team Rubicon, Navy League of the United States, Navy SEAL Museum, New York State Troopers Foundation, Police Athletic League, Tufts University Friend of Fletcher Advisory Board and Syracuse University Institute for Veterans and Military Families, among other civic and charitable organizations.
Major Recent Transactions
- Brookfield Property Partners, Manhattan West, 1.7 million square-feet leased to tenants including Amazon, Accenture, McKool Smith, JPMorgan Chase, The National Hockey League and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
- MetLife, 200 Park Avenue, 550,000 square feet
- 75 Plaza LLC, 75 Rockefeller Center, 99-year, triple-net-lease agreement, 623,000 square feet
- Commercial Property News’ ‘Property Services Executive of the Year,’ 2009
- Commercial Property News’ ‘Brokerage Executive of the Year,’ 2008
- Real Estate Board of New York’s ‘Louis Smadbeck Broker Recognition Award,’ 2008
- Real Estate Board of New York’s ‘Kenneth R. Gerrety Humanitarian Award,’ 2003
- Real Estate Board of New York ‘Deal of the Year Award,’ 1999, received for bringing European retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) to its United States flagship location on Fifth Avenue
- Real Estate Board of New York ‘Deal of the Year Award,’ 1998, received for the creation of the Reuters Building at 3 Times Square
- New York Council Navy League of the United States’ ‘Leadership in Support of the Military Award,’ 2017
- The US Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation’s ‘Commandant’s Leadership Award,’ 2013
- Co-Chairman, Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
- Chairman, The Shafik Gabr Foundation
- Chairman Emeritus, BENS (Business Executives for National Security)
- Chairman, Cushman & Wakefield’s Veterans Initiative
- Advisory Board Member, Wharton Executive Education Advisory Board
- Board of Governors, The Real Estate Board of New York
- Board Member, Team Rubicon
- Board Member, Navy League of the United States
- Board Member, The National Navy SEAL Museum
- Board Member, New York State Troopers Foundation
- Board Member, (PAL) Police Athletic League
- Board Member, Tufts University Friend of Fletcher Advisory Board
- Board Member, Syracuse University Institute for Veterans and Military Families