Mr. Bates joined Cushman & Wakefield Western, Inc. in April 2013 in the Valuation & Advisory group in the San Diego office, and is currently serving as Associate Director. Dan has completed a wide range of projects for proposed, under construction, value-add and stabilized assets, focusing on the Southern California region. Mr. Bates has worked on property types including office, industrial, retail, multi-family, mixed-use and vacant development sites. Dan has successfully executed both single property and large portfolio assignments for local and institutional clients.
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, he was employed as a Senior Analyst at Costar Group, Inc., a leading commercial real estate information company. Dan received a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Nebraska, and a Master of City Planning from San Diego State University.
Memberships, Licenses, Professional Affiliations and Education
- Practicing Affiliate, Appraisal Institute
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Member of Urban Land Institute (ULI) Young Leaders
- Member of American Planning Association (APA)
- Master of Arts in City Planning, San Diego State University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Nebraska