Deborah A. Jackson is a Senior Managing Director with Cushman & Wakefield, Inc., directing its Valuation Consulting business within the Valuation & Advisory Group since April of 2013.
Ms. Jackson has been in the real estate business for over three decades, joining Landauer Realty Group, Inc. in 1975. Following the acquisition of a major portion of Landauer from Grubb & Ellis by Weiser LLP in November of 2003, Ms. Jackson has directed its business (which was renamed Weiser Realty Advisors) through March of 2013.
Ms. Jackson has an extensive background in providing consulting services for retail and other commercial assets. Ms. Jackson supervises a business which provides a broad range of professional, unbiased real estate counseling services for clients with interests in commercial real estate throughout the country. These services include: due diligence for acquisition or sale, litigation support, portfolio analysis, and valuations of real property.
Representative engagements, in which Ms. Jackson has participated, include:
• Valuation of somewhat unique assets including Union Station in Washington D.C.
• Litigation Support for numerous assignments, including The Mall at the World Trade Center.
• Fair Value Analyses for Westfield America, Inc., Hines and Centro Properties Group.
• Due Diligence support for numerous client acquisitions.
• Other consulting: Analysis of owned assets for partnership liquidations.
Working closely with such a roster of industry leaders has contributed to a database for commercial assets provides Cushman & Wakefield a highly educated platform, allowing the firm to serve the industry from a uniquely informed vantage point.
• Case Western Reserve University
− Bachelor of Arts Degree
• New York University
− Certificate in Real Estate Studies
Awards & Associations
MEMBERSHIPS, LICENSES AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
• Practicing Affiliate, Appraisal Institute
− Team Member, Appraisal Institute VFR Awareness and Education Project
• American Society of Real Estate Counselors (CRE)
• Fellow, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
• Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
• Member, National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF)
• Member, National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT)
• Research Board Member, Steven L. Newman Real Estate Institute
• Editorial Board Member, Shopping Center Business
Ms. Jackson is active in a number of community based activities, including:
• Girl Scouts (member of the service committee for Yorktown).
• Founded and directs the “Holiday Helpers” program, which provides gifts, food and clothing for needy children and their families in Northern Westchester County.
• Choral Singing (part of a community choral group).