Derek Hulse specializes in the leasing and sale of office properties in the central and urban San Diego office markets. His primary focus is representing owners, both private and institutional, of multi-tenant office projects. Currently he represents 30+ properties totaling 3.1 million square feet. Throughout his career he has represented a variety of owners and users of real estate in a multitude of complex lease and sale transactions. He has developed a reputation with his clients as being a trusted advisor who truly understands their real estate needs and presents clear and concise solutions which add value to their real estate portfolio.
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Derek was a Vice President at Colliers International where he focused on similar disciplines. Derek began his Real Estate career as an associate at a boutique commercial brokerage firm where he specialized in tenant and landlord representation for office and industrial product in San Diego County, as well as representing buyers in acquisitions for re-development and investment properties. Prior to his involvement in commercial real estate, he managed a highly successful team of mortgage brokers, financial advisors and personal bankers at the La Jolla office of Bank of America.
- Involved in over $750 million in lease and sales transactions
- Consistently a top-producer in the San Diego Region
- San Diego Business Journal’s Top Influential
- NAIOP- Board Member 2014-2017
- NAIOP-National Executive Board-2017
- Downtown San Diego Partnership-Board Member
- Mission Valley Planning Committee-Board Member