Mr. Falkowski is a Director with Cushman & Wakefield Valuation & Advisory and joined the Philadelphia office in 2017. Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Mr. Falkowski served as a Manager in the Transaction Real Estate group of Ernst & Young in Philadelphia and as a senior appraiser for a regional appraisal firm based in suburban Philadelphia.
Mr. Falkowski’s valuation and consulting experience has featured a variety of properties, including apartment complexes, office buildings, malls, shopping centers, hotels, golf courses, airplane hangars, automobile dealerships, industrial properties (light/heavy manufacturing, distribution centers and pharmaceutical plants), residential subdivisions, land and a national monument.
Mr. Falkowski has performed valuation services for a wide array of clients including Fortune 500 companies, banks, REITs, real estate funds, government entities, lawyers, accountants and investors. These valuations were utilized for financing, assessment appeal, financial reporting, bankruptcy, dispute resolution, divorce, due diligence, litigation support, internal planning, rent studies, highest and best use analysis and insurable value studies.
Mr. Falkowski has provided valuations for financial reporting purposes which assist public and private clients in the application of Accounting Standard Codification (ASC) 805 (Business Combinations), 820 (Fair Value), 350 (Impairment – Goodwill and Other), 360 (Impairment – Long-Lived Assets) and 946 (Financial Services – Investment Companies). Mr. Falkowski has worked on a national and international level including valuations in Italy, Bulgaria, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan and Serbia.
Memberships, Licenses, Professional Affiliations and Education
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI & SRA). As of the current date, Ed Falkowski III, MAI, SRA has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Delaware – X1-0000556
- Maryland - 32911
- Pennsylvania – GA-003854
- New Jersey – 42RG00235800
- Leadership, Development & Advisory Council (LDAC), Appraisal Institute, 2015 & 2016; 2018 (nominated)
- Philadelphia Metropolitan Chapter of the Appraisal Institute – Candidate Guidance Chair – 2015-Present
- Philadelphia Metropolitan Chapter of the Appraisal Institute – Public Relations Committee – 2015, Present
- Delaware Association of Appraisers (DAA) – Vice President – 2015
- Delaware Association of Appraisers (DAA) – Director (PA Resident) – 2013-2014
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, University of Delaware
- Recipient – Appraisal Institute’s Noeline Fuller Region VI Scholarship – 2015
Publications, Presentations, Speaker Engagements
- Presentation for the Appraisal Institute, College of Business and Economics, Lehigh University – November 2017
- Presentation for the Appraisal Institute, Haub School of Business, Saint Joseph’s University Real Estate Society – November 2017
- Presentation for the Appraisal Institute, Wharton School of Business, MBA Wharton Real Estate Club (WREC) – October 2017
- Presentation for the Appraisal Institute, Wharton School of Business, Undergraduate Wharton Real Estate Club (WREC) – October 2017
- Presentation for the Appraisal Institute, Fox School of Business, Temple Real Estate Organization (TREO) – October 2017 & December 2016
- Contributor to quarterly newsletter for the Philadelphia Metropolitan Chapter of the Appraisal Institute – 2015-Present
- Contributor to quarterly newsletter for the Delaware Association of Appraisers – 2014-2015