Luis is a Senior Director in Cushman & Wakefield's Capital Markets Group, where he focuses on the firm's multifamily brokerage operations in West Coast Florida region. Luis and his Florida partners closed over $4 billion in multifamily transactions since 2005. Luis' business background includes more than 25 years of investment banking, corporate finance and real estate experience. The majority of Luis's career has been directly related to real estate, either as a lender, investment banker, restructuring professional or broker. Luis held real estate and corporate finance positions at Citicorp, Bankers Trust, Ernst & Young and Merrill Lynch's Global Private Equity Division. At these firms, he managed a broad range of real estate and corporate finance assignments including mergers and acquisitions, commercial lending, restructuring, privatizations and valuations.
Luis was also a Principal and Senior Vice President at Providence Management, an owner and manager of multifamily properties. At Providence, Luis was responsible for identifying investment sales opportunities and capital sources including family offices, money managers and other potential equity investors. Along with other Principals, Luis was involved in reviewing investment strategies and evaluating the performance of the current portfolio and the firm's strategic plan.
- Member of Florida Gulfcoast Commercial Association of Realtors
- Member of Greater Tampa Realtors
- Member National Association of Realtors
- Previously Licensed as a General Securities Representative (Series 7 & 63) with
- Citicorp and Merrill Lynch
- MBA, University of Rochester
- BA, University of Rochester
- Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker