Role and Responsibilities
Having recently joined the Houston office of Cushman & Wakefield of Texas, Inc. as a Senior Associate, Emily Howard-Wilson represents clients in the acquisition and disposition of office space. With nearly 12 years’ experience at a global architecture and design firm, she brings a versatile background and a unique perspective to every transaction. Ms. Howard-Wilson’s clients value her passion for delivering creative solutions and her thoughtful, detail-oriented approach
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Ms. Howard-Wilson worked at Gensler, managing and designing numerous interior spaces for a diverse range of industries – the majority being law and energy. With extensive experience in programming, test fits, design, documentation, change management, consulting, and project management, she developed strategies for work environments that uniquely reflected each client's corporate culture, vision and business objectives. This strategic foundation is complemented by Ms. Howard-Wilson’s strong leadership and communication skills that ensure fruitful negotiations on behalf of her clients. Her multi-faceted career has produced an impressive body of work reflecting space totaling more than 28 million square feet, and countless people who are positively impacted by her work daily.
- Texas Real Estate Commission Salesperson, #663709
- Texas Board of Architectural Examiners (TBAE), #10600
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional, Building Design +
- Served as Regional Professional Service Firms Leader for Gensler
- Graduate of Gensler’s South Central Region inaugural Emerge Program, 2014
- Graduate of Gensler’s gConnect program, 2012
- IIDA Houston City Center of the Year award (TX/OK Chapter), 2010
- Co-Speaker at the Association of Legal Administrators, "The Law Office of the Future"
- Co-Author of "Work in the City: Professional Service Firms", a Gensler Research publication
- A member of South Main Baptist Church, Emily has served on multiple committees and volunteered in various capacities. In 2010, she served on the task force that oversaw renovations of the Education building and she currently serves on the task force overseeing the renovations of the historic Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall. Emily also loves teaching Pre-K Sunday school.
- Rice Design Alliance Fundraising Committee, 2015
- IIDA Houston Directorship, 2008-2011
- IIDA Texas/Oklahoma Student Conference Co-Chair, 2007-2008
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Arts with an emphasis on Interior Design and a Minor in Architecture
from the University of Houston, Summa Cum Laude
- Graduate of The Honors College at the University of Houston
- Recipient of the prestigious Arête Award from The Honors College
Ms. Howard-Wilson resides in Houston with her husband and two sons.