Gary Mathias is a Fresno native and specializes in Investments, Office, and Land Sales. He has extensive experience in the commercial real estate brokerage since entering the profession in 1976. He joined Cushman & Wakefield / Pacific in April 2013 from CBRE. Prior to CBRE, he owned and operated two real estate brokerage companies in Fresno: Commercial Pacific Real Estate, a 20-agent commercial house, and Scott, Laruitzen & Mathias, a 15-agent residential house. Prior to beginning his real estate career, Gary was a high-volume sales manager for Xerox in Fresno.
Gary's expertise is working with developers and builders from land acquisition to project completion. He has experience with office, retail, and apartment projects. A few of his projects:
• Fowler and Ashlan Center—a 96,000sf retail center anchored by Vons, Fresno.
• Bullard and Villa Shopping Center—a 22,000sf strip center anchored by Villa Food Mart, Clovis.
• IRS Center,
• Federal General Services Administration (Federal GSA)—16 separate build-to-suit requirements, including office projects for IRS, Social Security Administration, Homeland Security, Modesto Bankruptcy court, and US Marshall.
• State General Services Administration (State GSA)—a 28,000sf project for Central Valley Regional Center, 4615 N Marty Ave, Fresno.
• Professional Offices—30,000sf at 1753 E. Fir Ave, Fresno.
• Lions Gate Apartments—a 48-unit complex, 6650 N. Maroa Avenue, Fresno.
• Residential Custom homes and lot developments in the Las Vegas and high desert area of Nevada.
Awards & Associations
• Real Estate Broker 1976 – Present
• Xerox Corporation 1970 – 1976 / High Volume Sales Manager
• Fresno City College
• California State University, Fresno
• Xerox Business School
Gary has been a guest lecturer for Real Estate Studies at California State University of Fresno, has served as an expert witness with the Fresno County Assessor's Office and Municipal Court and produced Articles for Western Real Estate Business magazine.
Gary has been a top volume Broker for years and is recognized as a lead broker in the market place. Gary has been involved in commercial real estate since 1982 and licensed since 1976.