Gene Williams is a Senior Director in our San Jose office and the Practice Leader of Valuation & Advisory's Data Center Practice Group.
Mr. Williams has a background in finance, underwriting and appraisal. He has performed commercial property appraisals since 1988 and has been a member of the Appraisal Institute since 1994. Mr. Williams has made investments on behalf of a national credit company, advised clients regarding investments in value-added properties, construction projects, loan workouts, loan dispositions and portfolio acquisitions. Experience also includes occupancy cost analysis, rent arbitrations and expert witness/litigation support. Mr. Williams has been qualified as an expert witness in a variety of venues.
Appraisal and consulting services have been provided for unencumbered, leased fee, leasehold and partial interests. Mr. Williams has valued billions of dollars in commercial property in the Silicon Valley area and his experience includes all types of properties, including high-density mixed-use projects, office buildings, retail developments, industrial and R&D projects, data centers and apartments ranging across the full spectrum of asset classes.
Mr. Williams provides partial interest valuations for a wide variety of clientele and purposes. As a former joint venture equity investor, Mr. Williams’ experience is sought after in determining partial interest values for a wide variety of ownership structures.
Memberships, Licenses, Professional Affiliations and Education
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute, as of the current date, Gene Williams, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute
- Member, CCIM Institute (CCIM #1278925)
- Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS #1278925)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following state:
- California – AG015954
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Baylor University
- Author/Instructor: “Return on Cost and Entrepreneurial Profit” (2008). This seminar is approved for two hours of continuing education by the State of California OREA and the Appraisal Institute.
- Author/Instructor: “Partial Interest Valuation” (2010). This seminar is approved for two hours of continuing education by the State of California OREA and the Appraisal Institute.