Mr. Donahue has been involved in the appraisal of real estate and business properties for over 35 years. Valuation and consulting assignments have encompassed a wide variety of purposes including right-of-way acquisition, tax dissolution, leased fee & leasehold interest, easements, and current value portfolio appraisals and reviews. Clients served include public agencies, developers, investors, banks, portfolio advisors, utility companies, attorneys, fund advisors, non-profit companies, and private parties. Mr. Donahue’s experience includes appraisal, litigation support, portfolio valuations, investment analysis, condemnation consulting, due diligence investigation, lease-by-lease analysis, highest and best use studies, market studies, and feasibility analysis. Mr. Donahue is qualified as an expert witness in several Orange and L.A. County Courts.
- Appraisal Institute, Member (MAI), No. 7420
- Past Member of the National Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Past Chair of the Audit Committee
- Past President of the Southern California Chapter
- Former Instructor: USPAP and AI Business Ethics courses
- IR/WA, Member
- California State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
Awards & Associations
Mr. Donahue is the recipient of the Bert L. Thornton Award, given by the Southern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute for Outstanding Service to the Appraisal Profession.
Mr. Donahue has appraised the following notable assignments:
- California High Speed Rail Authority, Multiple Properties. Appraisal of multiple parcels in Fresno County for acquisition purposes in conjunction with the proposed High Speed Rail Project. Also review of multiple appraisals of acreage to be acquired for mitigation and conservation easement purposes.
- Southern California Edison, Santa Barbara Reliability Project. Appraisal of fee acquisitions and overhead transmission line and footing easements for properties along existing 66kv sub-transmission facilities within existing and new utility right-of-way between the existing Santa Clara sub-station in Ventura County and the existing Carpenteria Substation in the city of Carpenteria in Santa Barbara County. Tejon Ranch. Valuation of compensation for the permanent easement for overhead transmission lines and anchor strips along the west side of Castic Lake in Lebec.
- SAN BAG, Barton Road Project. Appraisal of multiple parcels in Grand Terrace in Riverside County for acquisition purposes in conjunction with the proposed Barton Road Widening Project. I-215 Remnant Parcels. Appraisal of multiple parcels along Interstate 215 in San Bernardino for disposition purposes following completion of the 1-215 Widening Project.
- Riverside County Transportation Commission (RCTC), 91 Freeway Corridor Improvement Project. Review of third-party appraisals involving full and partial acquisition of properties being acquired for widening of the 91 Freeway.SR-91 Improvement Project, Corona, CA
- Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT), Project NEON Interstate 15 Widening. Review of third-party appraisals prepared for this Las Vegas project on behalf of NDOT to insure compliance with Nevada Right-of-way and USPAP compliance.
- City of Bakersfield/Caltrans, Centennial Corridor. Review of third-party appraisals involving full and partial acquisition of properties being acquired for construction of the Centennial Corridor in Bakersfield.
- Los Angeles County, LAC+USC Medical Complex. Valuation of 1,499,175 SF medical complex in Los Angeles for bond financing purposes. LAC+MLK Hospital. Valuation of a 294,275 SF portion of the larger Martin Luther King Medical Complex for determination of market rent and bond financing.
- Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors. Appraisal of multiple leased fee and leasehold improvements in Marina Del Rey for purposes of establishing ground rent payment on marina owned land and water.
- Port of Los Angeles, Berth 400. Valuation of 500 acre berth in the Port of Los Angeles for ground rent renewal purposes.
- Port of Long Beach, World Trade Center site. Valuation of a ground leased parcel for potential disposition purposes. Schuler Heim Bridge; valuation of aerial rights adjacent to Schuler Heim Bridge.
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LA METRO). Highway 710 Expansion. Performed a feasibility Pricing Analysis for possible expansion from Alhambra to Pasadena to determine potential acquisition costs to LA METRO. Wilshire Western Subway Access Site. Appraisal for acquisition of a subway portal and development site in Los Angeles, CA. Japanese Village. Valuation of sub-surface rights in conjunction with the Regional Connector Project. Westside Extension. Multiple appraisals including full acquisition and temporary construction easements for the extension of the subway system through the west side of Los Angeles.
- State of California Wildlife Conservation Board, Tejon Ranch. Valuation of 266,000 acres for conservation easement valuation. Bolsa Chica Lower Mesa. Appraisal for acquisition purposes of 114 acres of conservation land in Huntington Beach, CA.
- City of Newport Beach, Waterfront Encroachment Study. Pricing analysis to determine annual fees to property owners encroaching on waterfront/oceanfront parcels in the city of Newport Beach.