Mr. Darner joined Cushman & Wakefield Western, Inc. in July 2015, as a Director in the Valuation & Advisory group where he is responsible for valuation and consulting services within the Agribusiness, Natural Resources & Energy Practice Group. He specializes in the valuation of field and row crops, permanent plantings, vineyards and wineries, nurseries and greenhouses, and other agricultural and rural real estate.
In addition, he has performed valuations on a wide range of other property types including: residential properties, industrial, retail, office (medical and professional), mixed-use, religious facilities, educational facilities, and residential subdivisions. Additionally, Mr. Darner has provided litigation support and testimony on special purpose appraisals (easement, encroachment, construction defect, etc.) throughout Southern California.
Mr. Darner’s real estate career began in 2005, appraising residential properties throughout the San Diego region. In 2009 Mr. Darner joined the Arens Group, Inc., a boutique appraisal, where he performed appraisal valuations on a diverse range of commercial real estate. In 2015 Mr. Darner obtained his MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute. Mr. Darner also holds the SRA and AI-GRS designations from the Appraisal Institute and is a member of the American Society of Farm Managers & Rural Appraisers.
Memberships, Licenses, Professional Affiliations and Education
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI, SRA, and AI-GRS #474126)
- California Certified General Real Estate Appraiser License No. AG038625
- California Real Estate Broker License No. 01787739
- Appraisal Institute: San Diego Chapter
- Current positions: Vice President (2019), Regional Representative (2019)
- Past positions: Treasurer (2018), Secretary (2017), Director (2014-2016) Regional Representative (2018), Government Relations Chair (2016-2018)
- ASFMRA: California Chapter
- Region 7 Trends Committee (2017-2019)