John Gray is an Executive Director at the world headquarters of Cushman & Wakefield located in Midtown Manhattan. Mr. Gray holds over thirty years of commercial real estate experience. John and his team have been recognized for their expertise in landlord and tenant representation, sales and capital markets.
The Groton School
Awards & Associations
Mr. Gray has been recognized as one of the “Top 25 Brokers” in the United States, and his team has won the Real Estate Board of New York “Deal of the Year” award twice for the Restructuring of 1301 Avenue of the Americas in New York City consisting of 750,000 RSF,* and the Ropes and Gray/NewsCorp/JP Morgan Chase Transaction at 1211 Avenue of the Americas, which involved 1,400,000 RSF.**
In 2014, Mr. Gray completed the largest Retail Deal on Madison Avenue (740 Madison), which won The Retail Deal of the Year Award for 2014.*** Mr. Gray was once again, recognized as being in the top 100 brokers at Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. Mr. Gray is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY).
*New York Real Estate Board Robert T. Lawrence Award (1999) **New York Real Estate Board Henry Hart Rice Award (2005) ***2014 Real Estate Board Retail Deal of the Year.
Over the last five years, they have been involved in some of the largest transactions in the New York Area including:
- Amherst, Multiple Locations – 100,000 RSF
- Bottega Veneta, Inc., New York – 24,000 RSF
- CUNY, New York – 137,119 RSF
- C. V. Starr & Co. LLC, New York – 143,254 RSF
- Enstar, Multiple Locations – 200,000 RSF
- Financial Security Assurance, New York – 120,000 RSF
- ICAP Partners, Jersey City – 125,000 RSF
- J.P. Morgan Chase, New York – 300,000 RSF
- Lord Abbett, Jersey City – 150,000 RSF
- NewsCorp, New York – 800,000 RSF
- Ropes & Gray, New York – 250,000 RSF
- Wasserstein Perella, New York – 130,000 RSF
In addition, Mr. Gray and his team have represented 4 million square feet of building agencies including 1211 Avenue of the Americas (1.9 million Sq. Ft.), One Pepsi Way (600,000 RSF), Battle House Tower (700,000 RSF) and 740 Madison Avenue.
Arbed Americas, Inc., Chase/USI, Chrysler Corporation, Citibank N.A., Gannet Company, Generale Bank, GenRE, GRP Records, J.H. Whitney & Company, Inc, Kleinwort Benson, Inc., Lee Hecht Harrison, Mass Mutual Life Insurance Co., Mayer Brown & Platt, Merrill Lynch & Co., New York Life Insurance Company, Penn Corp. Financial, Pittsburgh National Bank, Reuters America, Inc., Scholastic, Inc., Siemens