Role and Responsibilities
John Littman has been with Cushman & Wakefield for 24 years since 1994 and has 36 years of real estate experience advising and representing clients. He assists clients with leasing, acquisition, and disposition requirements of all types of industrial properties including land. Mr. Littman has been acknowledged for his detailed approach and follow through. He has also developed considerable experience with Port related companies, both with manufacturing and warehousing, including new build properties and is a member of Cushman & Wakefield’s Industrial Port Services and Intermodal Strategy Practice Group.
Mr. Littman is a partner of the Parker/Littman brokerage team, a team which has been working together for the last 18 years. The Parker/Littman team has consistently been one of the top producing industrial teams within C&W globally. In 2017, the Parker/Littman team represented clients in 51 transactions valued at $288,247,845. Fourteen transactions involved space requirements of 90,000 square feet or greater. In the last seven years sales or leases were completed with a cumulative transaction value of $759,125,607. Approximately 45% have been land sites during this 18-year period. Both John Littman and Kelley Parker have been ranked in the 20 producing industrial brokers within the firm globally almost every year in the last ten years.
Prior to brokerage at Cushman & Wakefield, John previously managed C&W’s Houston appraisal division for six years. Prior to that was a manager for Kenneth Leventhal & Company, supporting the real estate consulting practice, which primarily included loan support/underwriting, workout evaluation, and litigation support, and various feasibility studies. John got his start in the business in 1982 as research director for Benton Gould Properties, a 25 person brokerage company in Houston and after three years transitioned into brokerage for the same firm. John is a member of Beth Israel Congregation and is a member of the Shepard Society of Rice University. John is also active in the Art & Paper Patron Group of the Museum of Fine Arts.
Awards & Associations
• Member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) and holds the prestigious SIOR designation
• Member of the Greater Houston Partnership
• Member of the Commercial Real Estate Society of the Jewish Federation of Greater Houston
• Member of the Society of Texas A&M Real Estate Professionals
• Past member of Appraisal Institute for 27 years (MAI No. 8407) from 1990 through 2016
• Recognized in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017 by the Houston Business Journal; as an industrial “Heavy Hitter” broker.
• Finalist for 2017 Industrial Broker of the Year award given by the Houston Chapter of NAIOP
• Awarded the Industrial Deal of the Year award by the Houston Chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Developers (NAIOP) for the sale and leaseback of a 90.8 acre site on the Houston Ship Channel in 2013, and also in 2014 for the sale of the 11,007-acre Cedar Crossing Industrial Park in Baytown, Texas, and in 2017 for the 493,000 square foot build-to-suit lease in Port Crossing Commerce Center in La Porte, Texas
• Repeat recipient of Cushman & Wakefield's Service Excellence Award (2001, 2002, 2003 and 2006), and has been a repeat Houston Top Ten Producer (2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2013, 2014, and 2017)
• Recognized as one of the top 10 Industrial Brokers within Cushman & Wakefield in North America (in 2014), and Top 15 in 2013
• Earned Cushman & Wakefield’s Industrial Brokerage Deal of the Year award (2004, 2005 and 2007) for the dispositions of Greens Port Industrial Park totaling 2.8 million square feet on the Houston Ship Channel; University Business Park, a 587,000 square foot multi-tenant research and development, office, and warehouse facility; and 5100 North Sam Houston Parkway, a 377,750 square foot new and leased industrial facility, respectively
• Finalist for the Industrial Rising Star award given by the NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association (2002)
• Awarded with Cushman & Wakefield’s Outstanding New Broker of the Year Award (2001)
• Graduate of Texas A&M University where he graduated Cum Laude with a BBA and MA specializing in finance and real estate
Mr. Littman has been married 27 years and has twin 25-year-old daughters.