Jonathan Squires is a Director in the New York Middle Markets Investment Sales Group of Cushman & Wakefield, where he focuses on the Bronx.
Jonathan has worked in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan since 2001. Previously, he specialized in acquisitions and commercial leasing for the family office of Bradford N. Swett (now known as BNS Real Estate). He also founded Squires & Company, Inc. and has worked as asset manager, broker and consultant for family firms, partnerships, institutions as well as the supreme court of New York State.
Throughout his career Jonathan has been involved in thousands of various real estate transactions. His clients appreciate his thorough understanding of many different aspects of real estate from a variety of perspectives. Jonathan has also been used as a source in the New York Times, The Commercial Observer, The Real Deal, Real Estate Weekly, Mann Report, The New York Post and BizNow.
Jonathan grew up in Boulder, Colorado, but currently resides in a townhouse he renovated in Harlem with his wife and daughter (and their dog and cat). In his spare time he is an avid reader and sometimes makes it on to the golf links.
- Blackstone Group
- The Lightstone Group
- The Savanah Real Estate Fund
- The Winter Organization
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York
- The Episcopal Diocese
- Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Abyssinian Development Corporation
- The ASPCA
- The CUE Art Foundation
- Member – Rent Stabilization Association (RSA)
- Treasurer – 140 Claremont Owners, LTD
- Volunteer – Bowery Residence Committee
- New York County Court Appointed Fiduciary 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- New York State Supreme Court expert witness for real estate transactions 2004
- Treasurer – Purple Circle Early Childhood Program
- Volunteer – Habitat for Humanity
- University of Chicago Alumni Association
- St. Mary’s College of California Alumni Association
- Master of Arts in Economic and Social Thought, University of Chicago
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, St. Mary’s College of California
- Certificate in Real Estate Finance and Investments, New York University