Ms. Spencer joined Cushman & Wakefield of Texas, Inc. as a real estate appraiser upon graduation from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 2004. She was promoted to Managing Director of the Valuation & Advisory Self Storage Practice Group in March 2016.
Since 2010, Ms. Spencer has spent the majority of her time focused on the valuation and advisory of self storage facilities. Assignments include market and feasibility studies and appraisals of proposed, expanding and existing storage facilities.
Currently, she oversees a team of approximately 20 valuation members located strategically throughout the United States which ensures consistency and quality and the ability to provide coverage in all 50 States. In addition, Ms. Spencer is responsible for the compiling and publishing a bi-annual Cushman & Wakefield Self Storage Investor Report, managing portfolio valuation and overseeing the SSDS (Self Storage Database Services) database, which is the largest and most comprehensive self storage database in the United States.
Memberships, Licenses, Professional Affiliations and Education
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI #466551). As of the current date, Kate Spencer, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Colorado – CGA 100050711
- Illinois – 553.002632
- Kansas – G-3210
- Louisiana – G2414
- Mississippi – GA-980 Non-Resident
- Missouri – 2012040928
- Oklahoma – 12768CGA
- Texas – TX1337318 G
- Member, Texas Self Storage Association
- Bachelor of Science, The Wharton School – University of Pennsylvania