Mr. Donahue has over 31 years of experience in real estate appraisal and appraisal management in Southern, Central and Northern California serving both public and private clients. He has provided expert testimony in Orange, Los Angeles, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside Counties, and Federal Bankruptcy Court as well as appearing as a witness in various ADR venues.
Mr. Donahue specializes in: eminent domain, inverse condemnation, estate tax disputes and estate planning, construction defect cases, landslide and soils issues, marital dissolution, and other litigation involving real property.
He has appraised vacant land types such as: commercial, residential, industrial, open space, and public-owned land. Commercial property types appraised include retail storefront, shopping centers, service stations, office buildings, and mixed use properties. Residential property types appraised include single family, small multiple family, apartment complexes, single room occupancy (SRO) hotels, estate residential and waterfront estates. Industrial property types appraised include general warehouses, distribution facilities, food processing facilities, agricultural processing plants.
His appraisal experience also includes active and former rail transportation corridors, rail expansion projects, abandoned rail facilities, utility corridors and crossings thereof. Mr. Donahue has significant experience with valuation of full and partial acquisitions for public projects, on behalf of both public agencies and private clients.
Mr. Donahue has appraised the following notable assignments:
- I-405 Widening Project, Central Orange County, California
- 90+ Acquisition Appraisals - Various Residential and Commercial Properties
- I-10 Widening Project, San Bernardino County
- 30+ Partial Acquisition Appraisals
- SR-91 Improvement Project, Corona, CA
- Appraisal and Appraisal Review
- Devore Interchange Project, San Bernardino County, CA
- 100+ Full and Partial Acquisition Appraisals
- California High Speed Rail, Central California
- Appraisal and Appraisal Review of industrial, commercial, residential, agricultural and special purpose properties in Kern, Madera, and Fresno Counties