Kevin Ray has more than 33 years experience assisting clients with their office requirements. He is currently involved in lease negotiations and renegotiations, subleasing, conventional and non-conventional build-to-suit strategies, and project feasibility analyses in Houston and across the country.
Mr. Ray was previously with Cushman Realty Corporation (since 1987), which merged with Cushman & Wakefield in 2001. He began his real estate career in 1982 as a property manager of office buildings, and subsequently became a broker with a Houston-based brokerage company specializing in office leasing representing both tenants and landlords.
- BMC Software, Inc. – In 2006, a 1.5 million sq. ft. sale of the headquarters campus located at 2101 CityWest Boulevard in Houston, TX; 620,000 sq. ft. long-term lease back for headquarters in Houston, TX. This 24-year relationship has involved 3 build-to-suits totaling approximately 620,000 sq. ft. and numerous leases and subleases throughout the nation. In 2013, a 70,000 sq. ft. renewal in Austin, TX; a 26,000 sq. ft. renewal in McLean, Virginia and a 10,000 sq. ft. relocation in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In 2014, a headquarters consolidation from three buildings to one building for 216,000 sq. ft. (HOLBA 2014 office lease of the year), other leases completed in Plano, TX, Hernden, VA, San Diego, CA, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and a 44,000 sq. ft. lease in Santa Clara, CA.
- Kerr-McGee Corp. – In 2005, a 100,000 sq. ft. expansion and renewal in downtown Denver. In 1997, 235,000 sq. ft. consolidation of their oil and gas operations in Houston in to two buildings in the Northbelt market in Houston, TX; In 2004 the purchase of 7 acres in Northbelt market in Houston, TX for a build-to-suit for 100,000 sq. ft.
- BHP Billiton – In 2001, the consolidation and expansion of their U.S. headquarters to Houston, TX in 170,000 sq. ft. lease in the Galleria market. In 2003, negotiated a build-to-suit for a 60,000 sq. ft. building in Port of Spain, Trinidad. In 2010, a 510,000 sq. ft. renewal that included a 120,000 sq. ft. expansion in the Galleria market in Houston, TX.
- Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. – Many new leases, renewals and expansions throughout the country in other cities such as Stamford, CT., Denver, CO., Casper, WY., and Bakersfield, CA. In 2013, a 196,000 sq. ft. renewal and a 24,000 sq. ft. expansion of the Houston Headquarters. In 2014, 39,000 sq. ft. of renewals in multiple buildings in Midland, TX and a 24,000 sq. ft. expansion of the Houston Headquarters.
- Nabors Industries – 1990 relocation of its headquarters from New York to Houston and numerous expansions thereafter, including a 205,000 sq. ft. renewal. In 2014, a renewal and expansion of the Houston headquarters for 330,000 sq. ft. In 2015, pursuant to a Right of First Opportunity to Purchase in their lease, Nabors purchased the 340,000 Sq. Ft. building known as One Commerce Green.
- Net IQ Corporation – 115,000 sq. ft. renewal and expansion in the Galleria market in Houston, TX. In 2008, a 22,250 sq. ft. sublease of a portion of their Houston offices.
- Continental Airlines, Inc. – 800,000 sq. ft. suburbs to downtown headquarters relocation in 1997 along with a renewal in 2008 in Houston, TX, this transaction represented one of the largest intra-city relocations in Houston’s history.
- Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd. – In 2013, a 62,000 sq. ft. renewal and a 13,000 sq. ft. expansion in an adjacent building of the company’s headquarters in the Highway 249 / FM 1960 market area of Houston, TX.
- Dresser-Rand Group – In 2007, a 45,000 sq. ft. relocation and expansion of the company’s headquarters into the Westchase Market of Houston, TX.
BMC Software, Inc.
Nabors Industries, Inc.
BHP Billiton, Ltd.
Continental Airlines, Inc.
Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
Kerr-McGee Oil & Gas Corporation
Compaq Computer Corporation
DHL Worldwide Express
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd.
R.E.L. Tech, Inc.
Seismic Exchange, Inc.
Phibro Energy Usa