Matthew joined Cushman & Wakefield, formerly known as DTZ, in 2003 as a Broker after graduating from the University of Western Ontario where he completed a four-year degree in Finance and Economics.
Since joining the company, Matthew has partnered with numerous local organizations as well as national firms who have a presence in multiple Canadian markets. Matthew has focused on understanding the different requirements and challenges specific to companies with multiple locations including flexibility requirements, budgetary requirements and the necessity for reporting and supporting documentation to achieve required board approvals. He is a nine-time recipient of Cushman & Wakefield’s, formerly known as DTZ’s, Chairman Circle Award which recognizes brokers for their outstanding client service.
Experience and Highlights
- Over 13 years of experience in the corporate real estate industry
- Over 1,500,000 sq ft in transaction history
- Has completed over $150,000,000 in tenant representation lease transaction value
- Nine-time recipient of Cushman & Wakefield’s Chairman Circle Award for outstanding client service
- Extensive experience in strategy implementation for government funded organizations and not-for-profit organizations.
- Member of Cushman & Wakefield’s National Board
- Ranked in Top 40 in Canada for Cushman & Wakefield in 2016
- Extensive knowledge of the Toronto market
- Multi-market, portfolio management, andtransaction management
- Specializing in assisting firms with lease renewals and/or relocations and dispositions
- Project management
- Site selection
- Lease analysis
- Financial analysis
- Corporate needs identification
Matthew has extensive experience in representing tenants that have locations in multiple markets across Canada. In the last 24 months he has completed leasing transactions in every major city across the country including Vancouver, Victoria, Burnaby, Edmonton, Calgary, Medicine Hat, Red Deer, Grand Prairie, Saskatoon, Thompson, Toronto, London, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, Sherbrooke, Rivière-du-Loup, Laval, Drummondville, Edmundston, Halifax, Cornerbrook and St.John’s.