Michael Kimmel joined the firm in 2012 and has risen quickly to become a Director within the New Jersey industrial practice. Michael is part of a 5 person team that consistently ranks within the Top 5 nationally for C&W and oversees the team’s efforts in growing their industrial tenant advisory practice.
Specialties: Tenant advisory for leasing, subleasing, acquiring, or disposing of industrial real estate. Also focused on early renewal strategies for warehouse/manufacturing companies with significant infrastructure who face substantial move costs. Michael is able to successfully leverage the C&W industrial platform for his clients given his team’s tenure at C&W dates back nearly 30 years. For the past 5 years, Michael’s team has handled the NJ transactions for one of the world’s largest e-commerce companies.
Experience: Prior to Cushman and Wakefield of New Jersey, Michael worked at Cushman and Wakefield of Baltimore where he led the team’s efforts in securing more than 15 million square feet of lease/sale transactions specifically for industrial tenant clients. Michael also played professional lacrosse during this 5 year period and won 3 Major League Lacrosse championships.
Past 6 Months: Michael has completed 15 tenant rep lease transactions in the past 6 months totaling over 1.4 million square feet in New Jersey, Maryland, and Indianapolis.
Education: Bachelor’s of Arts from Johns Hopkins University
- Sun Products – 850,000 SF disposition
- Ahold USA – 775,000 SF disposition / lease
- Elite Spice – 315,000 SF expansion / renewal
- Mars Super Markets – 278,000 SF disposition
- PrimeSource – 250,000 SF Build-to-Suit lease
- Horizon Group USA – 218,000 SF lease
- PODS Enterprises – 180,000 SF lease(s)
- Mayflower Textiles – 160,000 SF lease
- Sims Recycling – 160,000 Sf sublease
- Steel & Wire Products – 122,000 SF purchase
- Yangtze Railroad Materials – 100,000 SF purchase
- Thorlabs – 84,000 SF manufacturing renewal(s)
- PrimeSource – 80,000 SF renewal
- Reliable Tire – 78,000 SF lease