Mr. Wood joined Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado, Inc. in 2013 as a Senior Appraiser for the Denver office of Valuation & Advisory. Current responsibilities consist of the appraisal of real property, as well as management of the Valuation and Advisory Practice covering Colorado and Wyoming. Prior to joining Valuation & Advisory, he was a commercial real estate appraiser for Real Valuation Group in Illinois from 2006 until 2013.
Mr. Wood has performed appraisal and consulting assignments on various types of income producing properties including office buildings, retail centers (community, neighborhood, and single-tenant buildings), industrial (warehouse, flex, and heavy/manufacturing), land development (office, retail, and residential), multifamily properties (apartments, affordable, student housing and condominium buildings), mixed use properties, transitional land and special purpose properties. These assignments were typically intended for mortgage lending, corporate advisory services, acquisition/disposition consulting, tax assessment appeal, and litigation or rent arbitration use.
Memberships, Licenses, Professional Affiliations and Education
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI #13689). As of the current date, Michael Wood, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
- Regional Representative of the Chicago Chapter (2013)
- Regional Representative of the Chicago Chapter (2019)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Colorado – CG100043358
- Wyoming – AP-1389
- Bachelor of Arts, Colorado State University