Robert A. Constable joined C&W's Downtown Manhattan office in 1995. During his three decades in the real estate industry, Mr. Constable has acted for clients in a wide variety of assignments and locations, both nationally and internationally.
Mr. Constable’s has an extensive background in tenant representation, including managing a number of major accounts for prestigious clients such as Assurant, Cambridge University, Coca-Cola, Lloyds TSB, McGraw-Hill, Nippon Express, Siemens, Time Inc., Trinity Church and Willis Group.
In addition to his work on behalf of tenants, Mr. Constable has represented institutional investors and corporate occupiers on agency assignments totaling more than 18 million square feet. Among the recent major agency assignments on which he has served in a leadership capacity are: UIRE’s 1.2MSF 140 Broadway, Jack Resnick & Son’s 1MSF 199 Water Street, Paramount’s 1MSF 32 Old Slip, Trinity Real Estate’s 1MSF 75 Varick Street, Orient Overseas’ 600,000 SF Wall Street Plaza and Goldman Sachs’ 600,000 SF 77 Water Street.
Mr. Constable attended SMFA/Tufts University. He is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York, a past officer of East Side House, the largest community and social services provider in the South Bronx, and the past President and a current Director of Hudson River Community Sailing, a non-profit enterprise which provides accredited experiential learning opportunities in a maritime setting to disadvantaged inner-city youth. He is married with two daughters, and lives in New York City.
Awards & Associations
Mr. Constable has been the recipient of multiple company and industry awards, including C&W’s Deal of the Year award, and numerous appearances on C&W’s Top 100 Producer list. He has repeatedly ranked as the top professional in the firm’s Downtown Manhattan office.
Major acquisitions include:
- Goldman Sachs - 450,000 sf, One New York Plaza
- Coca-Cola - Over 500,000 sf of acquisitions nationally
- Siemens - Over 1 million sf of acquisitions nationally
- Willis Group - 150,000 sf, 7 Hanover Square
- AIG - 650,000 sf purchase of 175 Water Street
- Tribeca Associates - 400,000 sf net lease 330 Hudson Street
- Oppenheimer Funds - 240,000 sf lease, Two World Financial Center
- Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy - 300,000 sf, One Chase Manhattan Plaza
- NYC Health & Hospitals Corp – 240,000 sf, 55 Water Street
- Trinity Real Estate - 68,000 sf, 120 Broadway
Current & Former agency and corporate disposition clients include: Assurant, Charles Schwab, Goldman Sachs, Jack Resnick & Sons, JPMorgan Chase, Lloyds TSB Bank, Orient Overseas Associates, Paramount Group, Prudential Insurance, Trinity Real Estate, and Union Investment Real Estate, among others.