Robert Yaffa is an Executive Managing Director in the Brokerage Services Group at Cushman & Wakefield (formerly DTZ). He focuses on tenant representation, space disposition and strategic planning for his local, regional and national clients. A creative problem solver and skilled negotiator with more than 25 years of real estate experience, Mr. Yaffa has represented clients from many of New York’s leading industries – finance, media, legal and technology; he also works with a significant number of multi-market clients in both the private and public sectors.
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Mr. Yaffa served as Executive Managing Director at Grubb & Ellis where he was consistently a member of the company’s “Circle of Excellence,” a national mark of distinction reserved for the top transaction specialists. Mr. Yaffa was appointed by senior management to the national Grubb & Ellis Office Counsel, and was the youngest elected member of the New York Executive Committee.
Mr. Yaffa co-founded Brookside Properties, Inc., a real estate investment management company that celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2016. He is actively involved in the acquisition, financing and operational matters of the company.
Awards & Associations
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, New York State
- Member, Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- Recipient, REBNY’s Most Ingenious Deal of the Year award (for the 226,327 SF relocation of the U.S. Customs Service headquarters following the September 11, 2001 attacks)
- Board of Advisors, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Board of Trustees, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Capital Malpractice Insurer in the Cayman Islands Committee (MIAC), Hospital for Special Surgery
- Co-President, My Money Workshop
- 2017 Bulldog Classic Co-Chair, Dwight-Englewood School
- Development Committee, Dwight-Englewood School
- 2016 Graduate, The Partnership for New York City’s David Rockefeller Fellows Program
- Bachelor of Arts in History and Government, Muhlenberg College