Sam specializes in the sale of investment properties, development sites, and owner/user facilities, as well as also focuses on property tax assessment services and distressed property solutions.
Sam provides his clients with a wealth of experience from a varied background – as a real estate broker, lawyer, and investor. He has used those skills for over two decades to help clients achieve exceptional results in their real estate transactions.
Sam practiced real estate law for fourteen years at Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati in Palo Alto and GCA Law Partners in Mountain View, representing investors, developers, and technology companies. Notable transactions included Apple Computer’s 1,000,000 square foot R&D campus in Cupertino, a $50M off-balance sheet financing for NYSE-listed Cardinal Health, numerous transactions for Genentech, and headquarters leases, acquisitions and financings for Silicon Valley’s leading companies. Sam was a partner at Sharp Development Company until 1999, where he bought, redeveloped, managed, and sold multiple commercial properties in Silicon Valley.
Sam lives in Menlo Park with his wife, Kathy, a Stanford Law School teacher, and his three children. He runs triathlons (5 time Escape form Alcatraz finisher), trains in martial arts (tae-kwon-do black belt) and plays an occasional round of golf.
Sam has advised clients on well over $2 billion worth of transactions, including:
- Renco Properties Fremont and North San Jose Portfolios, $200 Million
- Pelio/ Moore Santa Clara Data Center Portfolio, $95 Million
- Limar Realty Corp. – Sales of 34 separate projects totaling $350 Million plus
- Novell, Inc. San Jose Campus – Sale of 500,000 square feet plus campus and 19-acre development site to EBay Inc.
- Club Swim – 87,SF Lease in San Jose, CA
- City of Menlo Park – Sale of Hamilton Avenue development site
- Second in the ASVB ranking of "Top Commercial Agents in All Practice Areas", 2005
- Second highest producing commercial agent companywide, 2005
- Runner-up for ASVB “Investment Broker of the Year” award
Top 5 in
- Cornish & Carey’s Santa Clara office in 2005(#1 in 2005) and 2006
- Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, Williams College
- Juris Doctorate Degree, University of California, Hastings College of the Law