Scott Killie is an integral part of Cushman & Wakefield’s Government Services Group, which specializes in representing building owners pursuing federal interests. Scott brings over two decades of diversified commercial real estate experience to the team. Beginning in 2001, Scott began specializing in federal leases and has since negotiatedhundreds of transactions nationwide involving over 14 million square feet, with a value of over $5.3 billion.
Scott has been recognized by several organizations including the Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC (CREBA), the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), the Washington Business Journal (WBJ), and CoStar’s list of Power Brokers in the National Capital Region. Additionally,Scott is a multi-year winner of CREBA’s Best Lease Transactions in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia, as well as a multi-year winner of Washington Business Journal’s award for Best Lease Transactions in both Urban Office and Suburban Office categories. Scott was a Top 10 CREBA Leasing broker in 2009, 2010, and 2011.
Scott joined Cushman & Wakefield in 2007 to assist Darian LeBlanc build a top federal leasing practice. Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Scott was with the Trammell Crow Company for six years, where he helped establish a Federal Government leasing practice and assisted with obtaining Trammel Crow Company’s first ever GeneralServices Administration’s National Broker Contract. From 1984 to 2001, Scott was with the Charles E. Smith Companies (Vornado) where he began his career in Property Management. In 1989, Scott transitioned to leasing and was responsible for leasing the company’s downtown DC office portfolio of over three million square feet.
Recent Major Transactions
- Prudential Real Estate Investors, 1015 Half Street, SE, Washington DC – National Labor Relations Board, 150,965 sf
- Boston Properties, Patriots Park, Reston, VA – Confidential Tenant, 706,482 sf
- Beacon Capital Partners, 2531 Jefferson Davis Highway, Crystal City, VA – U.S. Department of Defense, 558,187 sf
- Paramount Group, Inc., 425 Eye Street, NW, Washington, DC – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, 285,561 sf
- Brophy Properties and Clark Enterprises Inc., 450 5th Street, NW, Washington, DC – U.S. Department of Justice, 462,660 sf
- Liberty Property Trust, 1425 New York Avenue, NW – U.S. Department of Justice, 250,073 sf
B.A., St. Mary’s College of California
- District of Columbia Building Industry Association (DCBIA)
- Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC (CREBA)
- Maryland/DC National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Northern Virginia National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)