Stephen R. Preuss is a Senior Managing Director in the Capital Markets Group of Cushman & Wakefield, where he focuses on investment sales for the New York Metropolitan Area primarily in Queens. Team Preuss is made of six associates working under Stephen. Each associate is an expert in the Queens market and facilitates a full-service approach to their clients Previously, Stephen was Vice President of Sales at Massey Knakal Realty Services. Cushman & Wakefield acquired Massey Knakal on December 31, 2014.
Stephen has transacted in nearly $3 billion of investment and commercial real estate over his 16 year career. During his tenure, he has sold over 350 properties to date and currently has over $600,000,000 in exclusive listings, the largest commercial inventory in Queens. Stephen is the #1 top producer in Queens and Top 100 Nationwide for Investment Sales and Capital Markets. He is a major contributor to multiple major publications for his expertise and accomplishments including The Real Deal, The New York Real Estate Journal, Crain's, Qns.com, Commercial Observer, Real Estate Weekly, and several other regional and national publications. Stephen is a contributor of several not-for-profit organizations including the Greater Flushing Chamber of Commerce, Chinese Business Association, and the Chinese American Planning Council.
Cushman and Wakefield is a global leader in commercial real estate services, helping clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. The firm’s 43,000 employees in more than 60 countries provide deep local and global insights that create significant value for occupiers and investors around the world. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenues of $5 billion across a variety of core services of agency leasing, capital markets, investment management, and valuation & advisory, amongst others. Since the pairing of the truly dominant force that Massey Knakal Realty Services had built in the New York metro area with Cushman & Wakefield’s global platform and unparalleled breadth of real estate services, we have established a cohesive identity, which we have defined as “Think Globally. Act Locally.” This motto embodies our all-encompassing competencies as a full-service, global real estate firm with intensive block-by-block knowledge of each submarket. Cushman & Wakefield is proud to be #1 in New York City with 41% market share in transaction volume over $500,000, and 71% market share in transaction volume over $250 million.
- Kew Gardens Hills Portfolio - $216 Million package of 53 walk-up multifamily buildings
- LIC Davis Street Development - $24.8 Million Residential redevelopment, $230 per buildable sq. ft.
- Bank of America Bell Boulevard - $13.5 Million Bank of America anchored retail strip, $1,388 per sq. ft.
- Springfield Gardens Multifamily Portfolio - $14.1 Million Four-building multifamily package, 6.9% capitalization rate
- Citibank Bank Great Neck - $4.125 Million Trophy Citibank, 4.0% capitalization rate
- 14-34 110th Street, Flushing - $16,000,000 Waterfront mixed-use multifamily, 5.3% capitalization rate
- LIC M-Zone Hotel Development Sites - Aggregate Price $22.3 Million Three properties with up to 143,165 buildable sq. ft.
- 215-01/11 42nd Avenue, Bayside - $9.7 Million One acre+ site for storage redevelopment, $216 per buildable sq. ft.
- Archer Towers Development, Downtown Jamaica - $55 Million Corner two+ acre development site, $102 per buildable sq. ft.
- 77-17 Queens Boulevard, Elmhurst - $4.7 Million UJA-Federation of New York user commercial building, $491 per sq. ft.
- 141-57 Northern Boulevard, Downtown Flushing - $23 Million Corner redevelopment site, $338 per buildable sq. ft.
- Corona Holiday Inn - $37.35 Million Operating LaGuardia Holiday Inn for re-positioning, $165 per buildable sq. ft.
- 71 Nassau Street / 29 John Street, NYC - $19.55 Million Ground floor retail condominium, $3,436 per sq. ft.
- Claudio’s, Greenport Long Island - $14 Million Waterfront Claudio’s restaurant & development opportunity
- RKO Theater Development, Downtown Flushing - $65.775 Million Mega mixed-use development with approved plans for ~348K buildable sq. ft.
- Vanguard Shopping Center Portfolio - $23.776 Million Portfolio of three retail centers in Queens, $530 per sq. ft.
- JFK Hotel Development - $35.5 Million Hotel development with approved plans for two hotels & 544 keys
- Long Island City Partnership (LICP)
- The Queens Community House
- Real Estate Board Political Action Committee
- Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY), Commercial Queens Committee
- Queens Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Flushing Chamber of Commerce
- Chinese Planning Council
- Chinese Business Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- The North Shore Lions Club
- Brookville Country Club
- Long Island Business Network Member
- Cushman & Wakefield Speaker Series Opportunity Zone Panelist - 2018
- Top Sales Broker by CoStar Group, 2013, 2014, 2016,2017
- Top Businessmen in Real Estate & Development Queens - Star Network 2016
- Cushman & Wakefield #1 Queens Broker & Top 100 Broker 2016, 2017
- 2018 Chinese Business Association Appreciation Award
- 2018 AREAA State of Queens Real Estate Speaker
- 2017 JP Morgan Chase Queens Commercial Real Estate Panelist
- 2017 Queens Real Estate Conference Commercial Real Estate Panelist
- Massey Knakal Award representing overall values in Queens, 2009, 2011, 2013
- Massey Knakal Award for passion, 2007, 2008