Tom Tracy is an Executive Director in our Investor Services group and leads our Minneapolis CBD agency leasing business. He focuses on marketing and repositioning office properties and building our agency leasing presence. Tom also uses his strong relationships and experience in the Twin Cities business community to deliver tenant advisory services.
Tom has spent his entire 28-year real estate career in the Twin Cities market and is regarded as an industry leader.
Tom joined Cushman & Wakefield in 1997. Of note is his leasing success at the 1.7 million sf Normandale Lake Office Park, which includes large and complicated transactions with many of the world’s leading companies, such as Microsoft, Willis Towers Watson, Oracle, Tata Consulting, Emerson Corporation, Aon, Mercer, Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Activision, and Prime Therapeutics. Tom’s leasing efforts spurred two new office developments at the park, totaling more than 500,000 sf, and two separate sales of the entire asset.
In 2015, Tom departed to The Excelsior Group (TEG), a Minneapolis-based private equity real estate firm, where he led the firm’s acquisitions and development business for three years. In this role, highlights include:
- Worked with TEG’s equity partner, Goldman Sachs, to oversee the redevelopment and lease-up (with C&W as broker) of West End Office Park - the Twin Cities’ most successful Class A Creative redevelopment to date
- Led TEG’s acquisition of Colonial Warehouse in the North Loop with partner GEM Realty Capital
- Worked with TEG’s development partner, Ryan Companies, to design and secure entitlements for 10 West End, a 315,000 sf office development
- Sold 195 acres of land in Eagan, Minnesota to the Minnesota Vikings for its new headquarters and practice facility
- Established many new relationships with prominent institutional and private equity real estate investors across the US
In 2018, Tom rejoined Cushman & Wakefield in its Minneapolis CBD office bringing with him tremendous investment and development experience to complement his agency leasing expertise. This offers his clients insight and understanding that is unique in the marketplace.