Timothy Barnes joined Cushman & Wakefield in 2003 and is a Senior Managing Director within the Valuation & Advisory Group. He is with Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. and an active member of the Valuation & Advisory Dispute Analysis & Litigation Support Practice Group. He is also a member of the Quality Control team. Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Mr. Barnes was employed as a Director in the real estate group of PriceWaterhouseCoopers from 2000 through 2003, and prior to that he was a partner with Marchitelli, Barnes & Company from 1982 through 2000.
Mr. Barnes has provided valuation and counseling services on a wide variety of commercial, industrial, and residential properties including industrial buildings, shopping centers, office buildings, apartment complexes, malls, mixed-use complexes, auto-related properties, contaminated properties, golf courses, headquarters facilities, portfolios, adapted use properties, environmentally significant land, air rights, underwater land, acreage tracts, conservation easements and fractional interests. He has prepared reports and studies for institutional, legal, government, private and corporate clients. These reports have been prepared for mortgage purposes, buy/sell decisions, condemnation matters, zoning and land use hearings, insurance and contamination claims, real estate tax review proceedings, federal tax trials, bankruptcy proceedings, foreclosure hearings, partnership disputes and arbitration.
In addition to preparing appraisal and counseling reports himself, Mr. Barnes supervises a staff of other professionals in the scheduling, research, production and review of reports. He also supervises all pre-trial preparation and post-trial research and investigation. Litigation support services are made available by the company to numerous law firms and to the legal departments of Federal, state and local government agencies.
Mr. Barnes regularly provides expert services to the Internal Revenue Service, the New York State Department of Transportation as well as other State agencies including the Department of Environmental Conservation, the Department of Parks, Recreation, and Historical Preservation, the Connecticut Office of Policy and Management and the Connecticut Department of Utilities Control.
Memberships, Licenses, Professional Affiliations and Education
- Practicing Affiliate, Appraisal Institute
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following state:
- Member, Counselors of Real Estate (CRE)
- Has participated nationally at both the committee and task force levels, including Alternate Dispute Resolution, Litigation Support, Editorial Board of Real Estate Issues, and Invitation Advisory
- Fellow, Royal Institution of Chartered of Surveyors (FRICS Designation)
- Member, Long Island Board of Realtors
- Additional affiliations with:
- Urban Land Institute
- Pension Real Estate Association
- American Bar Association
- Institute of Professionals in Taxation
- Bachelor of Arts, Honors, McGill University (Montreal)