Wayne Kress, SIOR, is Bakersfield’s senior industrial broker, advising clients since 1981. He is a principal of PacCom Realty Advisors, Inc., an Alliance Partner of Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. Previously; he was a principal of CB Bakersfield Partners, Inc. from 1982 to 2000. He founded Golden Empire Industrial Team in 1999 with Oscar Baltazar. He brought on Coby Vance in 2004 and marketing specialist Molly Clark in 2012. This team has facilitated the absorption of 4.3 million sf of building space larger than 40,000sf and the sale of more than 2,000 acres of land.
Wayne is a Director of Kern Economic Development Corporation and Director and Past Chairman of Mid State Development Corporation, Bakersfield’s liaison agency for SBA real estate loans. He has been a Rotarian since 1986, where he has donated countless hours to his community. He served the Bakersfield East Rotary Club as President in 1998 and was named the Club’s Rotarian of the Year in 2006.
Wayne earned a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Marketing from U.C. Berkeley. He holds a California Broker License.
Awards & Associations
• Member, Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
• Licensed California Real Estate Broker
• Director, Kern Economic Development Corporation
• Director and former Chairman Mid State Development Corporation (Bakersfield's SBA Liaison)
• Member, Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce
• Member and Past President, Bakersfield East Rotary Club
• Paul Harris Fellow
• Former Director, Plank Foundation
1. Assisted Target in acquisition of 138-acre site for 2.0 mil sf Distribution Center.
2. Assisted Caterpillar in acquisition of 47-acre site for 400,000 sf Distribution Center.
3. Assisted Nabors Well Services Co. in acquisition of 40 acres site for development of their Bakersfield campus.
4. Assisted Baker Hughes in disposing of fire surplus oilfield service properties.
5. Assisted Pactiv in leasing/renewing 258,500sf of warehouse space.
6. Represented Castle & Cooke from 1989 to sell-out in 2011 of four industrial parks totalling 400 acres.
7. Assisted Square D Co. in securing 113,750sf warehouse.
8. Assisted Nusil Technology in acquisition of 16 acre site for development of medical device manufacturing campus.
9. Assisted Dole Foods Co. in disposal of 119-acre 677,00sf facility.
10. Assisted Formica in leasing 98,000 sf distribution center.