Bill Romane has more than 31 years of experience in commercial real estate and Project Management. Previously at The Horne Company, NAI, and Baker Hughes, Mr. Romane now acts as Senior Account Manager for corporate real estate services in the Houston office of Cushman & Wakefield of Texas, Inc. (C&W). He has extensive expertise in all areas of commercial real estate including site selection, property acquisition / disposition, lease negotiations, facility design / layout, FF&E projects, facilities budgeting, and relocation plans, among others.
While at Baker Hughes, Mr. Romane managed multiple real estate projects in North America and Latin America, coordinated projects from site selection to commissioning, and performed property management oversight for a portfolio of 56 buildings. Significant transactions:
• Successfully completed three multi-floor office construction and lease consolidations over 400 employees with a total transactional value , including rent, operating expenses, construction and FF+E, of approximately $27 million.
• Successfully managed over 20 construction projects in North America totaling $100 million, consisting of industrial and office facilities, including $65 million and $16 million projects in the Permian Basin which were completed on time and under budget.
• Consolidated two 50,000 sf offices in downtown Calgary, Canada, into a new 97,000 sf space and subleased one of the facilities, reducing the company’s office cost by a significant amount.
• Relocated regional corporate headquarters in Buenos Aires under a strict deadline. Final construction on the new facility was completed and 135 employees were moved in on time and under budget.
• Managed Facility Management team in various cost savings initiatives for facilities in North America. Team contributed to the 2014 annual savings of $24.8 million in overall operating costs.
• Managed the construction of an artificial lift pump repair station in Bakersfield, California. The project was completed ahead of schedule and 11% under budget.
While at NAI, where Mr. Romane was a Principal and Broker, he successfully:
• Relocated a global major services corporation’s global headquarters from class “B” office space to a newer 115,000 sf of class “A” space. The move was on time and due to market timing affecting rent and construction allowances, the tenant's occupancy costs were reduced.
• Performed various financial analysis for clients to assist in decisons concerning office leases from the perspective of lease vs. buy, renew vs. relocate, and which alternatives would provide the most economically effiecent use of the facility while providing flexibility, during periods of expansion and or contraction.
• Specialized in office leasing where he worked primarily representing tenants.
Awards & Associations
• Graduated with University of Houston, Clear Lake with a Bachelor of Science in Business with an Accounting concentration
• Licensed Real Estate Broker in the State of Texas
• Member of CoreNet