Cushman & Wakefield is at the centre of retail, providing value added real estate services to our clients globally. We monitor the evolution of the industry as well as global retail trends and practices to ensure our clients can best position their businesses to capitalise on future trends.
Main Streets Across the World presents a global barometer of the retail sector, tracking rents in the world’s top 334 shopping locations across 64 countries. The main league table is drawn up by taking the most expensive location in each of the countries monitored. In addition, the publication provides overall regional commentary as well as specific luxury retail overviews for each region.
- Hong Kong’s Causeway Bay remains the world’s costliest retail location for the second year running and breaks through the $3,000 per sq ft barrier for the first time in the survey’s 25-year history
- New York’s Fifth Avenue and Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris, which saw nearly a 40% rental rise, hold on to second and third place respectively
- With continued demand from international luxury brands, rents in London’s New Bond Street increased by more than 15% as the location climbed from sixth to become the fourth most expensive shopping street in the world
- Global retail rents remain resilient overall with a 3.2% average increase recorded for prime locations
- The Americas showed the strongest regional growth with prime rents increasing by 5.8%