Launched at Expo Real 2016 and now in its 6th year, Winning in Growth Cities is an annual survey of global commercial real estate investment activity which lists the cities most successful at attracting capital.
- Global property investment has risen to $1.35tn in the past year despite 12 months of uncertainty across the globe
- During the 12 months to June 2016, the largest gateway cities increased their share of the market, with the top 25 drawing in 53.3% of all global spending, up from 52.7% in the previous year
- New York once again topped the ranking of cities from a total investment perspective. The US also had the best of the growth, increasing its hold on the list with 15 of the top 25 cities
- Targets for foreign investment have shifted, with cross border flows growing faster in America and Asia than Europe. The most notable shift has been London losing its global crown to New York, with volumes in the UK’s capital falling from US$39bn to US$25bn
- Ten of the top 25 cities by foreign investment were in EMEA, nine in North America and six in Asia-Pacific