Typical Rent Structures
Internet/Phone and related cabling are typically a tenant expense and excluded in rent structures, with the exception of most co-working facilities and executive suites.
Operating Expenses & Base Year Explained
Full Service Lease
- Established in first year of occupancy
- No additional Operating Expense (OpEx)/additional Rent due
- Tenant assumes pro-rata share of total building OpEx increase over Base Year
- Owner protected from excessive annual OpEx increases
- No additional OpEx rent due in the event of second year OpEx reduction
Tenant is responsible for cost delta from current year over Base Year.
||Total Building OpEx in Base Year
||Total Building OpEx in Current Year
||Delta from Current Year over Base Year
||Your Pro-rata Share of Building OpEx (Premises SF/Building RSF)
||Your Additional Rent in Current Year: $3,550 annually or $296/mo
Annual Base Rent Escalation
Your rent will likely escalate each year. How it escalates should be negotiated and then specified in your lease.
WANT MORE INFORMATION ON THE ECONOMY, REAL ESTATE TRENDS AND MARKET INFORMATION?