Vice President, Data Center and Office Advisor • Canada
Jim joined Cushman & Wakefield’s Data Center Advisory Group in March 2018 bringing 24 years of corporate real estate experience to the team. Prior to joining C&W, Jim held real estate management positions with various communications providers. Most recently he worked as Director of Strategic Asset Planning at BCE Inc. executing and optimizing the corporation’s real estate accommodation needs for both network and office environments.
After graduating from Ryerson University’s Urban and Regional Planning program, Jim began his career with Rogers Communications Inc. managing real estate contracts for network facility requirements. He later moved on to work for three start up communications companies developing, executing and managing the real estate strategy for corporate facilities throughout Canada and of the United States. The last company was purchased by Bell in 2004.
Jim is best recognized for his expertise in project execution, asset management and negotiation that aligns real estate requirements to corporate goals and objectives. His recent undertakings include: integration and optimization of various real estate portfolios acquired through corporate mergers and acquisitions; negotiation and development of key data center facilities; and management oversight of all critical lease renewals in both Canada and the US.
- Represented a data center operator for the identification and purchase of their first Toronto hyperscale data center site.
- Strategically managed over 29M SF of corporate real estate environments both critical network and office environments.
- Delivered over 1.5M SF of cumulative portfolio optimization savings.
- Supported corporate M&A initiatives by integrating and optimizing over 5M SF of acquired real estate portfolios.
- Strategically support data center capital investor and operator in various US, Canadian and European markets.
- Site identification services for hyperscale data center user in South America.
- Represent and strategically manage a communications and data center services provider’s real estate portfolio consisting of over 300K SF of critical network and office space environments.
Bachelor of Applied Arts, Urban and Regional Planning, Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario