COVID-19 Prevention Plan
Guidelines for property tours
Visitors should not enter the property until medically cleared to do so if in the last 14 days they have (i) experienced any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 per CDC Guidelines, (ii) tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19, or (iii) com e in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or been subject to a quarantine.
Per Cal-OSHA Guidelines for Real Estate Transactions, all visitors must comply with the following protocol:
- Maintain a minimum of six feet between yourself and others whenever possible, including in elevators and building common areas.
- Limit the number of visitors in the party to maintain six feet of distance.
- Keep doorways open to avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces.
- Remind clients to maintain physical distancing and to refrain from touching handles, switches, pulls, etc.
- All information and marketing materials should be delivered electronically to avoid handling paper.
- Avoid handshakes and similar greetings that break physical distancing.
- Avoid passing pens, paperwork, clipboards, and keys back and forth.
- Avoid touching knobs, faucets, toilets and toilet handles, light switches, garage door opener buttons, handles and pulls, alarm system controls, fan pulls, remotes, thermostats, switchboxes, gates and gate latches, window locks and sashes, pool coverings, and other such items
Personal Protective Equipment & Hygiene
- All people entering a property must wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer immediately upon entry and before touring or inspecting the property.
- Provide and require all visitors to use face covers and hand sanitizer as required per local health ordinance.
- Perform thorough cleaning and disinfect commonly used surfaces before and after each showing.
- During a showing, introduce fresh outside air where possible.
- Equip shown properties with sanitizing products for hands and surfaces.
- Discard any disposable masks and gloves into the trash.
- Adjust or modify showings to provide adequate time for regular deep cleaning and disinfecting.
- When possible, please arrange tours at least one (1) business day in advance to facilitate disinfection and cleaning per CDC guidelines
Additional Guidelines for Occupied Spaces:
- By entering occupied space, all visitors agree to comply with current tenant’s protocols for entering their space, which may include the following:
- Wearing PPE (“Personal Protective Equipment”)
- Temperature checks
- Physical distancing
All visitors must receive a copy of this notice and agree to the protocol above prior to entering.