International Women's Day 2020
Building a Bridge Through Literacy
#CWEachforEqual | #IWD2020 | #EachForEqual
Literacy opens the door to opportunity. This International Women’s Day we’re partnering with the Asia foundation on their “Books for Asia” campaign, putting books in the hands of the boys and girls across the region who need them the most.
We’re asking colleagues, clients, and our community to send us a new copy of their favourite childhood book for donation to children across Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Vietnam. To donate yours, send it to your local office.
Insights • Occupier
Insights • Occupier
Tuesdays with Morrie
"An easy read from many years ago that has always stuck with me. During his last days, Morrie reflects on his life and the lessons he has learned, he reminds Mitch not too wait too long to reassess his own life and teaches him the importance of Love over Money and Happiness over Success."
- Alexis Beckwith , Head of HR, Asia Pacific, Australia
Confessions of a Shopaholic
"This book taught me about the importance of financial sensibility and the personal impacts of consumer debt. "
- Taylor Bruce, Marketing Assistant, Australia
The Poetics of Space by Gaston Bachelard
" No doubt this book is a magical experience. I still go back to this book and feel enchanted with the spaces I’ve been in time. "
- Evelyn Choi, Agent, Retail Cross Border, Korea
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
"It’s the book that made me want to become a lawyer."
- Natalie Craig, Chief Legal & Commercial Officer, Asia Pacific, Australia
Start with Why
"People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it” my favourite line from the book! "
- Stephanie Harding, Manager, Retail Leasing, Australia
A Conflict of Visions
"The first book that I want to read more than once. It wasn’t an easy-read but profoundly enlightening and relevant to the times we live in."
- Tica Hessing, Human Geographer & Tenant Advisor, Australia
Real Life by Brandon Taylor
" Beautiful words describing an ugly and brutal story of a boy facing grief, privilege, racism, trauma, queer sexuality, and violence. Maybe the points made by the book could be uncomfortable, but it's for some readers to reassess their own privilege and biases. "
- Tina Kim, Agent, Big Data Consulting, Korea
2061: Odyssey Three
"I like science-fiction novels movies, specially this book series describes the adventure in space. "
- Suranga Kulasekara , Desktop Support Specialist, Japan
I am Malala
"I am Malala is an autobiography written by a Pakistani teenage girl who stood up for education and nearly assassinated as a result. It is an empowering story and also such a reminder that education is what gives us options in life and having options is a power. "
- Minako Kurashina , Accountant, Financial Controllership, Japan
A Child Called It
" Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun; not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul. "
- Tevin Lee, Senior Engineer, BES, Singapore
Ong Ying Li
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
" Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and unsurprised by anything in between. "
- Ong Ying Li, HR Executive, Singapore
"I get to feel positive from the way George the monkey is full of curiosity and enjoy things."
- Georgia McDonald, Team Assistant, Office Leasing, Australia
" Michelle shares her story from her childhood in Chicago to First Lady era through the book, Becoming. I highly recommend her book because Her own story is powerful, inspiring, and touching. Before I read the book, I thought First Lady’s life would be perfect. However, it turned out that she went through ups and downs in her life. She knew how to handle the hardship of life and she did not hesitate to share her true story. "
- Megan Oh, Coordinator, Marketing & Communications, Korea
" The magazine provides joyful insights of life in an ivory tower. I want to be a "港区おじさん (Man in Minato)" to live like that one day! "
- Satoru Ohgi ,Associate Director, Capital Markets, Japan
Notes on a Nervous Planet, Matt Haig
" This book is good for mental health. "
- Roida Opat, Administrative Assistant, Design & Project Management, Indonesia
Becoming – Michelle Obama (2018)
" Michelle Obama as the First Lady help created welcoming and inclusive White House while at the same time also establishing herself as an powerful advocate and also a supermom. "
- Reynald Prasetya, Analyst, Strategic Consulting, Indonesia
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
" We accept the love we think we deserve. "
- Jessie Puah, Receptionist, Singapore
Revolution from Within by Gloria Steinem
" A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men. "
- Handajani Putri, Senior Executive, Property & Facilities Management, Indonesia
"There are many good quotes in it, but I would pick, “When you see only problems, you’re not seeing clearly."
- Menaka Ratnayake , Head of Property Accounting, Australia
The Little Prince
" Despite the lovely artwork and simple words, the book sends strong messages. The rise of unexpected emotions at rereading makes me realize that I have grown as a person. "
- Sanae Sato ,Assistant Manager, PDS, Japan
Romance of the Three Kingdoms (三国演义)
" The story written in Chinese motivated me to learn the Chinese language. It took long to read through, but got me hooked at the end. Highly recommended. "
- Takayuki Sato ,Senior Manager, Capital Markets, Japan
The Gifts of Imperfection – Brene Brown
" The Gifts of Imperfection is her first books to learn about the concept of vulnerability, courage, belonging and it puts new perspective on the way to live and love. "
- Elisabet Saraswati, Senior Executive, Human Resources, Indonesia
" Fix your eyes forward on what you can do, not back on what you cannot change. "
- Nick Seaton, Director, Integrated Portfolio Management, Singapore
Agatha Christie Series
" Agatha Christie is my favourite author since middle school, it is hard to pick one of her series, however, people who enjoy reading mystery will definitely like her books. To pick one most famous book of hers would be ""Murder on the Orient Express"" which was made to the film recently. The first book of hers I read was ""And Then There were None"", recommend starting her series with this. It is a classic mystery. "
- Catherine Shin, Agent, TAG, Korea
The Catcher in the Rye
" I sympathized with the unbalanced state between the immaturity of the spirit and the growing body of the main character, the boy whose self was not yet established. First read when I was early teen, and it is still my favourite. "
- Katsuaki Shinohara ,Director, Valuation & Advisory, Japan
Can't Hurt Me
"The books demonstrates how we’re only limited by our mindset and once you change that, you can push yourself to do previously unimaginable things"
- Adam Spenser-Shirley , Director, Office Leasing, Australia
"It gave me a perspective on how much technology is engrained in our lives"
- James Summerhays , Associate Director, Portfolio Advisory, Australia
Chua Wu Shuang
Diary of a Young Girl, Anne Frank
" How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. "
- Chua Wu Shuang, Senior Executive, Leasing, Singapore
" I get to feel positive from the way George the monkey is full of curiosity and enjoy any thing. It is also my daughter's most favourite of all that I read to her. "
- Yuko Tanimoto ,Associate, Capital Markets, Japan
The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion
"A warm-hearted, hilarious book about an undiagnosed professor with Asperger’s and his quest for love. It made me smile. And the good news is there are two sequels!"
- Anna Town, Head of Marketing & Communications, Asia Pacific, Australia
Grinding It Out - The Making of McDonalds by Ray Kroc
" You do not have to be the creator of a brand to become successful. McDonalds is created by McDonalds brothers but Ray Kroc makes them a world phenomenon because of his hard work and dedication to the brand. "
- Christopher Widyastanto, Associate Director, Property & Facilities Management , Indonesia
" I love travelling. "
- Selvy William, Associate Director, Office , Indonesia
The Cat that Lived a Million Times
" The essential truth that life will surely end someday and that makes life beautiful. I also like the book as the cats resemble the one I used to have. It brings me tears every time I read. "
- Itsuko Yamamoto ,Director, Valuation & Advisory, Japan
Rich Dad Poor Dad by Rovert T. Kiyosaki
"This book leads me into the Real Estate Industry as my career so far. "
- Hugo Yang, Director, Valuation & Advisory, Australia
Wong Xian Yang
The Wandering Earth
" It is the nature of intelligent life to climb mountains. They all want to stand on ever higher ground to gaze ever farther into the distance. "
- Wong Xian Yang, Senior Manager, Research, Singapore
Where the Crawdads Sing
"A mystery, beautifully descriptive. Incredibly talented female author and female lead."
- Claire Zouroudis, Director, Capital Markets, Australia
쿠시먼앤드웨이크필드는 쿠키를 이용하여 트래픽을 분석하고 고객들에게 본 사이트에서 최선의 경험을 제공합니다. 이 대화상을 닫고 동의해주시거나 지금 페이지를 방문하여 자세한 내용을 확인해주십시오.