Such investment will have a transformational effect on the UK and will be a major contributor to the decarbonisation of the economy and the energy transition. We have a unique opportunity to play an instrumental part in enabling that transition, and real estate is absolutely fundamental to this.
Cushman & Wakefield provides a wide range of consulting, development and investment advice in the energy and infrastructure sectors. We have particular expertise in petrochemicals, natural gas, electricity and renewable energies.
Our experts have deep experience of working client-side for some of Europe’s largest utilities and infrastructure organisations on real estate issues, in order to maximise the value of their assets, generate profits and de-risk their projects. We have provided consulting and transactional advice on a wide range of complex projects of national significance, including:
- Advising on closure and disposal of legacy brownfield land assets following closure of heavy industrial plant such as power stations, water treatment plants, and surplus land at ports and airports.
- Raising low cost real estate equity capital for new project development through leveraging freehold or leasehold structures.
- Refinancing existing infrastructure assets to release capital.
- Land assembly for new infrastructure projects, particularly in energy and renewables.
- Planning and development advice for new projects, and support to planning and DCO process.
- Monetisation of surplus corporate landholdings.
Clients include RWE, Exxon Mobil, EPH, Orsted, National Grid Property, Shell, The GLA, Associated British Ports, Innogy, British Airways, HS2, Edinburgh Airport and Rio Tinto.