Cushman & Wakefield debuts among India’s Best Companies to Work For - 2018
India, March 7, 2018 – Cushman & Wakefield, a global real estate company has debuted as one of the top 100 Best Workplaces in India 2017 in the annual ranking of India’s Best Companies to Work For conducted by the Great Place to Work® Institute and The Economic Times. This acknowledgement places Cushman & Wakefield among an elite group of 100 companies chosen from over 8000 organizations and over 50 Countries partner that provide employees a fun, challenging and learning environment at work.
Using an objective methodology of assessing workplace culture, the Great Place to Work institute build a High-Trust, High-performance Culture benchmarked the surveyed companies as per two key parameters that measure employee experience and people practices. This meant that Cushman & Wakefield initiatives have always been around its employees, including global best practices, integrity and respect, great people policies, training modules and employee benefits along with a commitment towards work-life balance, contributed significantly to the company’s strong performance on the list.
There is no manual book of instructions that can be followed to make an organization “ A great place to work”. Like each house/family has a unique culture, so do organizations and like in our homes, everyone has a role to play in the organization. For us at Cushman and Wakefield, culture is centered around “All About You” .i.e. people are not seen as employees but as colleagues who are invested in the organization and its business. Of-course we go beyond and are not limited to just the tangibles of compensation and attached benefits but to fulfilment of the core needs that include physical, emotional, mental and spiritual”
Deepali Bhardwaj, Executive Director – Human Resources, India, Cushman & Wakefield.
GPTW is a valued recognition both internally and externally for C&W India. People and culture are important pillars for Cushman & Wakefield and the firm’s leadership in India has put in consistent and rigorous effort over the last 2 years to shape a culture which is engaging, empowering and inclusive. We have successfully built a workplace where the employees’ point of view is heard, leadership is trusted and there is a sense of camaraderie. We recognize the importance and respect the strength that our workforce brings to our company and our clients. Cushman & Wakefield’s employee journey and experience is critical for our growth as we sustain a great workplace and sprint towards being the best in our industry.
Anshul Jain, Country Head & Managing Director, India, Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman’s people philosophy of ‘All About You’ means that the employees are always the heart of everything that we do. With a huge focus on creating a highly diverse and inclusive workplace, Cushman have a number of ongoing initiatives and policies that differentiate us from the rest. The journey to becoming a Top 100 employer meant that the innovative people practices are in place for our employees to avail. Here is a sneak preview to some of them:
- Child Travel Policy - A key differentiator and highly appreciated, the policy allows women employees to travel to other location along with their kid and nanny. The expenses incurred towards travel will be borne by the organization.
- Returning Mothers Program - Welcoming the women employees upon their return from maternity, we decorate their workstation and make the workplace their second home. We ensure that there is a gradual increase in work responsibilities as we’re mindful of their bandwidth to manage personal & professional priorities.
- Leave Policy - Our innovative leave policy encourages the employees to utilize 100% of their leaves in a year. In addition to this, we have work out home, sabbatical, maternity, critical illness policies etc.
- Leveraging technology – We’ve automated it all. No more paper and manual work for our employees. We’ve gone digital with an employee benefit app, all our appraisal and bonus letters are online, an app based employee counselling tool, online engagement surveys, regular text messaging to all our employees as an update on people practices.
- Focus On Learning – There is a huge focus on building an ecosystem of learning. Learning opportunities are made available to employees at all levels and across all our offices. Interventions such as women leadership development program, first line and middle manager capability building and key behavioral skills development programs are attended and appreciated by our staff.
- ‘Happiness Jar’ - While there are different channels, occasions and mechanisms for employees to communicate and express themselves, we at C&W India express the positives and joyful moments at work by dropping a note on our happy moments in the HAPPINESS JAR. The messages on the note is read out to all the employ during the monthly townhalls.
- ‘Caring for our employees’ - Caring for our employees and their family is our utmost priority. Apart from insurance coverage for employees and their immediate family members, we also offer employee counseling services through 1to1help.net.
For further information, please contact:
AVP – Strategic Marketing
Head of Strategic Marketing - India
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global real estate services firm with 45,000 employees in more than 70 countries helping occupiers and investors optimize the value of their real estate. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenue of $6 billion across core services of agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facility services (C&W Services), global occupier services, investment & asset management (DTZ Investors), project & development services, tenant representation, and valuation & advisory. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com External Link or follow @ External LinkCushWake External Link on Twitter.