Such investment will have a transformational effect on the UK and will be a major contributor to the decarbonisation of the economy and the energy transition. We have a unique opportunity to play an instrumental part in enabling that transition, and real estate is absolutely fundamental to this.
Cushman & Wakefield provides the energy and infrastructure sectors with a wide range of consulting, development and investment advice, with a particular focus on power generation, renewables, water, waste, ports, airports and petrochemicals.
Our team has significant experience of working client-side on real estate issues for some of Europe’s largest utilities and infrastructure organisations, with extensive expertise in maximising asset value, generating profits and de-risking projects.
Service & expertise
We have recently provided consulting and transactional advice on a wide range of high-value, complex and confidential projects of national projects throughout EMEA significance, including:
- Advising on closure and disposal of legacy brownfield land assets following closure of heavy industrial plant such as power stations, water treatment plants, and surplus land at ports and airports.
- Raising low cost real estate equity capital for new project development through leveraging freehold or leasehold structures.
- Refinancing existing infrastructure assets to release capital.
- Land assembly for new infrastructure projects, particularly in energy and renewables.
- Planning and development advice for new projects, and support to planning and DCO process.
- Monetisation of surplus corporate landholdings.
Our clients include RWE, Exxon Mobil, EPH, Orsted, National Grid Property, Shell, Greater London Authority, Associated British Ports, Innogy, British Airways, HS2, Edinburgh Airport and Rio Tinto.
Want to know more?
If you would like to find out more about our specific expertise or how we could work with your organisation, please contact a member of our Energy and Infrastructure team at any time – we’d be delighted to hear from you.