On 22 February 2023, the Financial Secretary of the Hong Kong SAR Government delivered his 2023/2024 Budget Speech, which outlined a range of initiatives in supporting the economy, businesses, residents and the long-term development of the city. Real estate-related policies include:
- Increasing housing and land supply
- Lowering the Ad Valorem Stamp Duty (Rates at Scale 2)
- Issuance of electronic consumption voucher
- Supporting the revival of tourism and the retail market
- Facilitating the development of “Airport City and “Smart Port”
These strategies are expected to support economic recovery, improve homeownership and create more diverse opportunities for Hong Kong.