Partner, Head of Capital Markets • Portugal
David Lopes is a Partner in the Capital Markets Group of Cushman & Wakefield. He is responsible for creating and developing investment deals and advice both national and international investors across real estate sectors with special focus on the retail market.
In May 2014 David joined Capital Markets Group team, and since then he has been involved in deals exceeding 450 million Euros.
David works in Cushman & Wakefield since October 2005. Before joining the Capital Markets Department, he worked for over seven years in the Valuation and Advisory Department, where he specialized in retail, and for over 1 year in the Industrial and Land Department. As a valuer, he was in charge for over 4 years for the coordination of portfolio valuation of a shopping centre portfolio totalling 50 shoppings in various countries including Portugal, Spain, Italy, Romania Germany and Greece.
David is a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), has a Degree in Economy by the Universidade Nova de Lisboa and Technical University of Ostrava, and also a Post-graduate course in Real Estate Financial Management by the CEMAF/ISCTE – Centro de Investigação em Mercado e Activos Financeiros/ Instituto Superior de Ciências do Trabalho e da Empresa.
Some of David’s key assignments in CMG were:
- Sierra Fund: sale of two shopping centres in Portugal (€180 million)
- Private Investor: acquisition of a portfolio of 9 high street units (c. € 11 million)
- Blackstone: acquisition of a mixed use portfolio comprising logistic units and hypermarkets
- Meyer Bergman: acquisition of the largest Outlet scheme in Portugal
- Internos: acquisition of an Out-of-Town office portfolio