Six-member team brings deep experience and success with over $1.5 billion transacted
SEATTLE, Wash. – August 15, 2022 – Cushman & Wakefield has announced that a six-member multifamily brokerage team led by Tim McKay, Sam Wayne, Dan Chhan and Matt Kemper has joined the firm in Seattle, Washington. The market-leading team has closed over 225 sales totaling nearly 10,000 residential units with a total transactional value exceeding $1.5 billion, including existing and new multi-family development sites.
“We are thrilled to have this dynamic team join Cushman & Wakefield. Their successful investment sales practice is now combined with our robust multifamily platform: best in class debt professionals, a massive property management portfolio and our recent addition of the team from O’Connor Consulting Group, the leading multifamily appraisal and consulting practice in the region. Our fully integrated platform will allow our investor clients to exceed their business plan objectives, which is always our number one objective,” said John O’Neill, President, U.S. Multifamily Capital Markets at Cushman & Wakefield.
Specializing in institutional and private capital, the team’s primary role is providing full-service solutions to multifamily investors and developers. As a client-centric team, they have a high reputation for going above and beyond and bringing tremendous commitment and intensity of execution to everything they do. The team leverages market intelligence, sophisticated analysis, deep relationships, and a tailored approach to help clients maximize returns while minimizing risks.
The team joins Cushman & Wakefield from Colliers and includes:
- Tim McKay, managing director: McKay has focused on multifamily investment sales in Seattle for 15 years. His unrelenting commitment and drive for his clients’ success has helped form many long-term relationships with investors.
- Sam Wayne, managing director: Wayne has been structuring investment sales for over 15 years. He is responsible for some of Seattle’s most significant, and creative, apartment sales and development site assemblages.
- Dan Chhan, managing director: Chhan has been at the forefront of the multifamily development community in Seattle for 12 years. He is the go-to market expert in the University District.
- Matt Kemper, senior director: Kemper has focused on capital markets for the multifamily real estate sector for over 12 years in Seattle and the Puget Sound. His sophisticated financial modeling and capital markets expertise helps position assets for maximal value.
- Adam Groberman, associate: Groberman specializes in private client investment sales in Seattle. He has been involved in all facets of multifamily investments during his budding career.
- Emily Skadan, marketing program manager: Skadan helps to oversee marketing campaigns together with multiple transaction coordinators, financial analysts and marketing specialists.
“We are excited to welcome this high caliber sales team to strengthen and deepen our multi-family service capabilities across the Puget Sound market, and further reflects our commitment in the Pacific Northwest to offer our clients the very best talent and comprehensive approach to service delivery,” said Alison Beddard, Cushman & Wakefield’s Managing Principal for Washington state. “Furthermore, the values and culture of this team along with their commendable dedication to community fits perfectly at Cushman & Wakefield.”
On behalf of the team, Sam Wayne expressed, "We are thrilled to announce our arrival to the Cushman & Wakefield Capital Markets platform. Our team will continue to be a leading multifamily investment sales provider in Seattle and Western Washington as Cushman & Wakefield continues to grow at an exciting pace nationally."
The team have earned many awards as a group and individually for their accomplishments in the industry.
During the past year, their most notable sale transactions in the Puget Sound have included:
- $138.1 million sale of The M Seattle, a high-rise, core luxury student housing located adjacent to University of Washington that sold for a record-breaking price per square foot for the city.
- $53 million sale of Keelson Ballard, a midrise, core-plus investment located in the heart of Ballard.
- $44 million sale of Stream Belmont & Stream 15 Portfolio, consisting of two core podium apartment buildings in Capitol Hill.
- $39.5 million sale of The Shelton & Inspire Portfolio, comprising two core-plus podium apartment buildings located in Eastlake and Fremont.
- $33 million sale of Campus & Manor Portfolio featuring two value-add midrise apartment buildings in the University District.
- $20 million sale of new 5-Parcel High-Rise Assemblage, zoned for a 240’ height multifamily development adjacent to the University of Washington.
- $14 million sale of new Highrise Development Site, zoned for a 240’ height multifamily development adjacent to the University of Washington.
Of note, the team is also a strong believer in giving back to their community and helping others and has helped to support several charitable causes such as Community Roots Housing, Habitat for Humanity, WestSide Baby, West Seattle Food Bank and Helpline, and Seattle Urban Academy.