Our Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) concrete scanning units are designed for non-destructive investigation and imaging of concrete and other man-made structures. Construction professionals involved in the cutting, coring or drilling of concrete structures require a safe and reliable means of inspecting work areas to locate and identify hidden features that could cause damage to machinery or pose danger to the operator or the structure itself during these activities.
Our professional locator would be called in to clear an area before cutting, or coring the concrete slab. In most cases, scanning is performed in straight lines and in perpendicular directions and the data displays reflections which reveal the features within a concrete structure.
Pipeline Technology has the most up-to-date equipment and one impressive feature of our GPR system is the simplicity of the included interactive migration tool. Migration is a processing technique that focusses the reflections in the ground penetrating radar data images to its point source, allowing for clear and precise interpretation of even the most closely spaced concrete features. Migration is also used for identifying and separating features that are overlying each other, for example a utility running directly above a bar of steel reinforcing.
Concrete can deteriorate for several reasons such as carbonisation, chemical exposure or mechanical damage.
We offer a range of concrete services:
- Structural concrete repairs
- Protection of concrete from attack by chemical exposure
- Joint sealing and specialist joints
- Crack injections for waterproofing - leaking manholes, wet wells and tunnel construction
- Crack repairs – structural and flexible
- Concrete floor repairs
- Chemical resistant linings
- Bunding – new and remedial
- Remediation of manholes
- Lining, segment repairs and water proofing for tunnel construction
- Facade refurbishment and protective coating