Sr. Manager, Strategic Consulting • Canada
With 25 years of experience as a workplace specialist, Donna brings workplace planning advisory, interior design solutions, and change management program management for large-scale transformation projects to a broad client base in the corporate, public, biotech, petroleum and academic sectors.
In her role with Cushman & Wakefield’s Strategic Consulting team, Donna helps clients with portfolio strategies, occupancy planning and design advisory. She works to improve the overall workplace experience for employees with integrated solutions and real estate strategies.
Recently, Donna led the return-to-work initiative, from planning to implementation, for Cushman & Wakefield offices across Canada.
Before joining Cushman & Wakefield, Donna worked for Genentech Inc. (Roche) in South San Francisco as a Strategic Planning Manager and later as the New Work Environment (NEW) Program Manager in the Workplace Effectiveness Group. Donna was the lead and single point of contact for the development and integration for the NWE program for the South San Francisco campus consisting of 5.5 million square feet of office, lab and manufacturing facilities (61 buildings with over 13,000 people). In this role, Donna partnered with extended team members, business leaders and Roche sites globally to develop short- and long-term planning strategies, capital planning projects, workplace planning improvements, project delivery and change management initiatives.
Prior to Genentech, Donna held the position of Global Planner on the HOK Workplace, Planning & Design (WPD) team, which provided onsite services to Nortel and Chevron. While at HOK, Donna developed and led specialized training workshops globally for clients to maintain consistent planning principles to align with HOK Advance Strategies’ advisory methodologies.
- Virtual Presenter, Buildings Week Conference 2020: ‘The Holistic Workplace-Game of Life’
- Cushman & Wakefield Global Occupier Services: High Performer Achievement Award 2019
- Publications, 2019: ‘Change is in the Air - How workplace strategy and change management go hand-in-hand’
- Lead Speaker, 2016 Tradeline Research Conference, Boston: ‘Genentech's data-driven, human genomics-based workplace experiment’
- Lead Speaker, 2016 Tradeline Space Strategies Conference, Boston: ‘Genentech's data-driven, human-based research workplace experiment’
- Presenter, 2016 CoreNet Local Chapter event, San Francisco, CA
- Presenter, 2015 SIG Conference, Florida
- Member, CoreNet Global
- Volunteer Construction Captain: Rebuilding Together, San Francisco, 2012 to 2017
- President, Shore Dog Park Association, California, 2015 to 2017
- PROSCI Certified Change Management, 2021
- Project Management, 6 month rotation, D&C Group, Genentech, 2016
- LEAD graduate, 12 month program, Women Unlimited Inc., 2015
- Certified Project Manager, HOK University, 2006
- Interior Design Diploma, Fanshawe College, 1997
- Fine Art Diploma, Fanshawe College, 1991