Connecting Supply Chain and Real Estate Strategies
As the supply chain industry continues to experience massive growth and technological change, our experts are equipped with the experience and knowledge to build the critical infrastructure of your supply chain so that it is flexible, resilient and poised for what’s next. For more than 20 years, our Global Supply Chain Solutions (GSCS) professionals have helped organizations around the world connect their supply chain and location strategies to local market real estate execution.
We integrate our industrial real estate expertise, management consulting capabilities and the strategic supply chain engineering knowledge of the St. Onge Company to positively impact product flows and business performance for some of the most recognizable companies across the globe.
Our GSCS professionals work to identify the infinite variables around your manufacturing, transportation, warehousing and product delivery requirements to optimize the flow of goods from production to final sale. Whether it’s optimizing your network and inventory or securing the right facility in the right location, we assist you along the entire continuum of the supply chain. We offer:
- Comprehensive site selection—identify properties aligned with your business goals. Our team of experts exhaustively screens and qualifies potential properties, categorizes them according to fit, and overlays the detailed costs, labor analytics, conditions and incentives for each location to provide a side-by-side comparison.
- Network Optimization— improve response to customer needs while operating at the lowest cost. Our sophisticated software evaluates and optimizes millions of supply chain components—including product sourcing costs, inventory carrying costs and facility costs—to design a supply chain with the lowest total landed logistics and inventory costs.
- Workforce Analytics and Profiling—labor market evaluations that characterize differences among locations. Our labor analysis gives clients confidence in workforce availability. We use demographic and economic data, as well as local market interviews with key employers, to recommend locations where your required workforce is available—at the cost that meets your requirements for a strategic long-term fit.
- Business incentives optimization—to maximize the value of available incentives. Your company’s presence in a location has tremendous financial implications for your company and for the local municipality and state. We create competition for that residency, unearthing financial opportunities through the procurement of local and state economic incentives.
- Freight cost and service modeling—logistics analysis that identifies transportation cost savings. Our experts identify locations where inbound and/or outbound transportation costs could be minimized for a proposed or existing facility, while maintaining the service levels necessary to accomplish business goals.
- Comparative Market Screening—drives data-driven decision-making regarding expanding, relocating, or establishing new operations. A multi-faceted process that provides an understanding of the variability of your business’ unique operating cost structure by location that helps determine the optimal strategy for new production or storage capacity.
- Distribution Center & Manufacturing Facility Design—to optimize operating strategies and productivity. Our professionals are experts at optimizing material handling / factory flow and operating strategies for designing a Greenfield, Brownfield or an existing location retrofit.
- Inventory Optimization—identifies the right balance of inventory and customer service. We provide solutions to balance product stock and customer service levels. Cost savings from inventory management can rival cost savings from transportation, which is typically the most significant supply chain cost.
From production to point-of-sale, we’re with you every step of the way:
- Sourcing Identification
- Manufacturing Site Selection
- Manufacturing Facility Design
- Network Optimization
- Inventory Management
- Labor Due Diligence
- Distribution Site Selection
- Transportation Management
- Real Estate Strategy
- Location Incentives
- 3PL Assessment & Selection
- Project Management
- Facility Pilot and Move-in
- Final Mile