Vice President & Specialty Practices Director, Hospitality Services • Canada
Charles Suddaby has provided advisory and valuation services to the hospitality industry for 30 years and currently leads the Hospitality & Gaming Group at Cushman & Wakefield in Canada. His consulting practice includes market and feasibility studies, valuations and appraisals, development strategies, operational reviews, asset management, litigation support and other services associated with the tourism and hospitality industries. He has completed projects across Canada and the United States, throughout the Caribbean and in Europe, Russia, Africa and South America.
Mr. Suddaby commenced his career in the hotel industry in management positions with hotels in London, Bermuda and Toronto. He joined Laventhol & Horwath, one of the leading hospitality consulting firms, in 1982 and was admitted to partnership in 1989. In 1990, he joined Price Waterhouse as a partner, and for the next 5 years he led the firm's national Hospitality Consulting Services group, overseeing advisory and valuation assignments throughout much of the world.
Mr. Suddaby left Price Waterhouse in 1995 to establish his own hospitality consulting company. He joined Cushman & Wakefield in 2008 and currently oversees the firm’s Canadian Hospitality & Gaming Group.
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Member of the Canadian Association of Management Consultants (CMC)
- Member of the International Society of Hospitality Consultants (ISHC)
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- British Columbia Investment Management Corporation
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- Caisse de Depots et Placement du Quebec
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Qatari Diar