How Singapore Land Authority Leasehold Table’s Revision Can Upgrade The Singaporean Market
Our report covers the local land law situation in Singapore, including:
- Why does Singapore Land Authority’s Leasehold Table matter?
- Decoding how the Leasehold Table is calculated
- Why is the Leasehold Table obsolete – and why we need a revision
- How to calculate a revised and relevant Leasehold Table
- The positive impact an updated table will have on the Singaporean economy
Some key points for Singaporean landlords and developers include:
- 4% - the variance between the current discount rate and what it should be according to expected market returns, private sector valuers, and applying a risk premium to a risk-free rate.
- $155 million could be saved by a party had the Leasehold Table reflected current market situation – and that is just one instance.
- A 30-year old property would be worth 82.59% under the revised table, in contrast to just 60% of its freehold value in the current Leasehold Table.