International Partner, Head of Retail Agency CEE • Czechia
Since 2016 Jan was appointed Head of Retail Services CEE and is responsible for 68 people across the CEE region.
Before he has been Head of Retail Services in the Czech Republic and Slovakia since 2010 and was responsible for a team of 18 consultants. He has worked for Cushman & Wakefield since 2001, and has built up and run the High Street and Tenant Representation Retail Team. He has an extensive experience in the retail sector and coordinating the team activities of leasing and releasing of shopping centres, high street and tenant representation as well as retail consultancy. Jan builds and maintains relationships with many local and international landlords and retailers to whom he is providing consultancy on leasing, development and expansion in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Central Europe. Jan is a Board Member of Cushman & Wakefield in the Czech Republic and Slovakia since 2014 and Member of Cushman & Wakefield EMEA Retail Board representing CEE.
Jan has an experience of more than 19 years in retail real estate. He joined Cushman & Wakefield/H&B in 2001 and is Partner of the firm since 2009. During his 18 year experience he has been involved in development consultancy and leasing of: 38 shopping centers in CZ and Slovakia of total size 1,270,000 sq m.
Overseeing 37 projects (1,025,000 sq m) under Asset Releasing and Property Management in Czech & Slovak market. Jan´s activity for retail schemes includes layout consultancy, concept and marketing strategy, budget preparation, merchandise mix, tenant mix, presentations, retail space optimization, contract negotiations.
Jan has done or have been involved in more than 950 High Street transactions (220,000 sq m of Prime Retail space).
Jan has extensive experience in cooperation with Capital Markets Team (Investment) on retail acquisitions, Retail Property Management, Advisory Teams and Real Estate Marketing activities. Jan has strong inspirational leadership skills and experience helping his colleagues and also clients. Jan also benefits from experience gained when studied in Australia for 3 years, and regularly working on International assignments, attending and organizing conferences on local and international bases.
- CIJ Awards
- Best Retail Power Broker Team of the Year 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2011, 2010 in the Czech Republic
- Best Retail Agency in CEE & SEE region - CiJ Hall of Fame Awards 2017
- EUROMONEY Real Estate Awards
- Best Agency / Letting of the Year 2017, 2016 in the Czech Republic
- Best Overall Advisors & Consultants of the Year 2017 in the Czech Republic
- Winner Best Real Estate Advisors and Consultants of the Year 2010 in the Czech Republic and CEE
- CEEQA (Central & Eastern European Real Estate Quality Awards)
- Agent of the Year – Retail & Leisure Agency 2017, 2016
- CEE Retail & Leisure Agency Firm of the Year 2014, 2013
Tenant Representation & Advising on expansion or optimization
Hard Rock Café, Foot Locker, Primark, Calpra Group, Jimmy Choo, Tiffany&Co., Gucci, Claire's, Pandora, Starbucks, Coffee Heaven, Estée Lauder, Promod, Camaieu, Swarovski, Komercni Banka, Puma, Vodafone, LPP Group, Nordsee, Rock Point, Tie Rack, Marks & Spencer, Kenvelo etc.
Development and redevelopment consultancy, leasing services, marketing strategy on portfolio of:
- CPI PG - 8 projects in Czech Republic
- Crestyl – Savarin, OC Dornych Brno, Central Kladno
- Flow East – Wenceslas Square 47
- J&T – Eurovea City
- Amadeus Real – Americká development in Pilsen
- Nepi Rockcastle
- Magnum – Brno High Street
- ING Real Estate (CBRE Global Investor)
- Letiště Praha s.p. – Property Management advice on Airport retail development
- AEW – Myslbek
- CBRE Global Investor
- Invesco – Slovanský dům
- Ikea Centers
- Vice-chairman of ICSC Commitee in Czech Republic, responsible for running ICSC Next Gen since 2011
- Founding member of NGO (Sdruzeni Noveho Mesta Prazskeho) since 2003