International Partner, Head of Retail Agency CEE • Czechia
Jan is Head of Retail Services CEE (since 2016) and is responsible for 68 people across the CEE region. Before this, he maintained the role of the Head of Retail Services in the Czech Republic and Slovakia for six years and was responsible for a team of 18 consultants.
He has worked for Cushman & Wakefield since 2001, and has built up and run the High Street and Tenant Representation Retail team. He has extensive experience in the retail sector, coordinating the team activities of leasing and releasing of shopping centres, high street and tenant representation as well as retail consultancy. During his 20 year experience he has been involved in the development consultancy and leasing of:
- 38 shopping centers in CZ and Slovakia of total size 1,400,000 sq m
- in more than 950 High Street transactions (220,000 sq m of Prime Retail space)
- 37 projects (1,025,000 sq m) under Asset Releasing and Property Management in Czech & Slovak market
Jan builds and maintains relationships with many local and international landlords and retailers to whom he provides consultancy on leasing, development and expansion in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Central Europe.
Jan's activity for retail schemes includes layout consultancy, concept and marketing strategy, budget preparation, merchandise mix, tenant mix, presentations, retail space optimization, contract negotiations.
Jan is a Board Member of Cushman & Wakefield in the Czech Republic and Slovakia since 2014, and a Member of the Cushman & Wakefield EMEA Retail Board representing CEE.
Jan became Partner of the firm in 2009.
Jan has extensive experience in cooperation with Capital Markets Team (Investment) on retail acquisitions, Retail Property Management, Advisory Teams and Real Estate Marketing activities. Jan has strong inspirational leadership skills and experience helping his colleagues and also clients. Jan also benefits from experience gained when studied in Australia for 3 years, and regularly working on International assignments, attending and organizing conferences on local and international bases.
- Best Retail Power Broker Team of the Year 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2011, 2010 in the Czech Republic
- Best Retail Agency in CEE & SEE region - CiJ Hall of Fame Awards 2020, 2019, 2017
- Best Agency / Letting of the Year 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 in the Czech Republic
- Best Overall Advisors & Consultants of the Year 2019, 2018, 2017 in the Czech Republic
- Winner Best Real Estate Advisors and Consultants of the Year 2010 in the Czech Republic and CEE
- Agent of the Year – Retail & Leisure Agency 2018, 2017, 2016
- CEE Retail & Leisure Agency Firm of the Year 2014, 2013
Tenant Representation & Advising on expansion or optimizationHard Rock Café, Foot Locker, Primark, Calpra Group, Jimmy Choo, Tiffany&Co., Gucci, Claire´s, Pandora, Starbucks, Coffee Heaven, Estée Lauder, Promod, Camaieu, Swarovski, Komercni Banka, Puma, Vodafone, LPP Group, Nordsee, Rock Point, Tie Rack, Marks & Spencer, Kenvelo etc.
Development and redevelopment consultancy, leasing services, marketing strategy
- CPI PG - 8 projects in Czech republic
- Crestyl – Savarin, OC Dornych Brno, Central Kladno
- Flow East – The Flow Building (Wenceslas Square 47)
- J&T – Eurovea City
- Amadeus Real – Ameside development in Pilsen
- Nepi Rockcastle
- Magnum – Brno High Street
- ING Real Estate (CBRE Global Investor)
- Letiště Praha s.p. – Property Management advice on Airport retail development
- AEW – Myslbek
- CBRE Global Investor
- Invesco – Slovanský dům
- Ikea Centers
- Vice-chairman of ICSC Commitee in Czech Republic, responsible for running ICSC Next Gen since 2011
- Founding member of NGO (Sdruzeni Noveho Mesta Prazskeho) since 2003