We are pleased to launch our new quarterly UK BTR report.
The report addresses the affordability squeeze for renters as well as analysing key BTR indicators: rental performance, yields, residential investment volumes, and the BTR pipeline.
• The rising cost of living is set to reduce household incomes, but upward pressure is expected to remain on rents as tenant demand continues to outweigh supply.
• Robust rental growth continued into the start of 2022, with UK rents in March 2022 8.7% higher than the same time last year.
• Strong investor demand is likely to compress BTR yields.
• High levels of BTR investment continued into 2022 with an estimated £1.6bn capital deployed in Q1 2022.
• The UK BTR sector grew by 14% over the last year with 225,352 homes complete, under construction or in planning at the end of Q1 2022.